Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone G-400

Bill Moore

I recently picked up an Epi G-400 that has no hardware, (the fellow said he used it on an LP he had because he didn't like the gold). Can I assume that Gibson hardware will interchange? STRATosphere has a hardware bundle with Gibson labeled tuners, stopbar, and bridge, (and screws), for a reasonable price.

My threaded inserts are 8 x 1.25 mm, I assume all new production is?

DSCF2509.JPG

The bridge and stop bar are standard Epiphone metric sizes, USA Gibson are SAE standard and will not fit. There are lots of different brands producing metric parts for them. Any Gibson/Epiphone style electronics should fit.....

I just finished rebuilding my G400 with aftermarket parts..

p5nMo6m.jpg

That's a beauty!

I wonder if a little sanding, and a coat of clear will make my "satin" finished guitar look like that?

My G400 came with the stock gloss polyurethane gloss finish. You could do a very light sand and clear poly coat but need to be careful, the body construction is 3 large blocks of mahogany with a thin mahogany veneer on the top and back.

There are plenty of good metric after market options out there for you. I feel it would be more problematic than it's worth trying to make the Gibson hardware work.

It's a great guitar! Whatever you decide to do I hope u enjoy it

Thank you for the pic, mihcmac!

My Gibson SG is "satin" brown, and the more I look at the Epi, I think I like the red in satin also. The link that Revolution Six posted has adapters to match different bridges. Looks like the best way to go!

The Gibson SG hardware bundle seems the way to go, ($80), using those adapters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived