Gibson Brands Forums: P90 recommendations - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

P90 recommendations

#1 User is offline   dlotto 

• Group: All Access

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:43 AM

I just bought a 2019 DC LP Jr. because I love the simplicity, but also wanted to try a p90 since I've never tried one before. To me a P90's pretty much sound like a humbucker in a strat which I already have covered, but rolling off the volume puts it in a strat bridge single coil sound and which is useless for me personally.

Any recommendations for a soapbar size humbucker, or a p90 that has more output and tonal qualities with a PAF tone know type roll off dynamics. I put in around a 680pF bleed off cap so preserving highs so not a problem if they get muddy. 57 classics are my humbucker of choice.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   ksdaddy 

• Cheese my goose!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

Low tech stuff here, but have you tried DimMarzio DLX? They are a drop-in for P-90s. I had a set in my 1971 LP Deluxe and they were great. I swapped back to stock about 15 years later just because I wanted to put it back as stock as possible.

#3 User is offline   dlotto 

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:08 AM

View Postksdaddy, on 08 December 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

Low tech stuff here, but have you tried DimMarzio DLX? They are a drop-in for P-90s. I had a set in my 1971 LP Deluxe and they were great. I swapped back to stock about 15 years later just because I wanted to put it back as stock as possible.

#4 User is offline   dlotto 

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:11 AM

I've tried every humbucker and single coil known to man, but zero experience with P90.
Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users