Gibson Brands Forums

P90 recommendations

dlotto

I just bought a 2019 DC LP Jr. because I love the simplicity, but also wanted to try a p90 since I've never tried one before. To me a P90's pretty much sound like a humbucker in a strat which I already have covered, but rolling off the volume puts it in a strat bridge single coil sound and which is useless for me personally.

Any recommendations for a soapbar size humbucker, or a p90 that has more output and tonal qualities with a PAF tone know type roll off dynamics. I put in around a 680pF bleed off cap so preserving highs so not a problem if they get muddy. 57 classics are my humbucker of choice.

Thanks!

Low tech stuff here, but have you tried DimMarzio DLX? They are a drop-in for P-90s. I had a set in my 1971 LP Deluxe and they were great. I swapped back to stock about 15 years later just because I wanted to put it back as stock as possible.

Low tech stuff here, but have you tried DimMarzio DLX? They are a drop-in for P-90s. I had a set in my 1971 LP Deluxe and they were great. I swapped back to stock about 15 years later just because I wanted to put it back as stock as possible.

Archived