Gibson Brands Forums

Merry Christmas you Ornery fuggers

MorrisrownSal

You know hogeye and daddy, Aussie and BK

Grunty EMinor and 45 Nick-ay

But do u recall, the most famous Forum member of all...

Barnwells Gibbie collection.Is a sight to be-hold

And if you ever saw it.You'd beg for one just to hold.

All of the local bankers. Used to hold all his cash.

But then he took it all out,Just so he could buy his stash.

Then one foggy Christmas Eve

Barny came to say.

BK - your Maton so bright

Nothin like this Old Delight.

All of the others' Martins.

Breedloves and Taylor's too.

Could never hold a candle.

To his 43 LG2.

Could never hold a candle...

To his 43

L

G

Back again... I looked up Reverb and there are a dozen 40s LG2s for sale in various states of repair. In general, I would say they are pretty good value for a 40s instrument, compared to a J45 or a Martin.

Like I said a few months back, CITES and our peso collapsing spells the end of any chance for me to import any more, so go and buy one to have, Sal, if you covet them. But it will be your home guitar, can’t see it with a pickup and gigging after paying $6K.....

I have my 35 L50 and my 37 L-0 and my 44 Martin 0-17 and, and, not complaining....

BluesKing777.

?

:-k

Don't worry too much - the quote is a mistake. In the X-mas tempest Lars confused these pages with the Internat i onal Punk-Forum.

Over there he wrote - My old SJ sounds like jingle-bells every time I sing a carol for my little blue-eyed son. You guys are wonderful.

But do u recall, the most famous Forum member of all...

Good old DanvillRob - I sometimes miss the contact with his collection. It belonged here as an important brick in the building.

Doves indeed : Luxery Doves, Doves in Flight, Dove Above, Doves de Luxe and that warm amber-burst, , , , well, just Dove.

Not to mention the ultra hip mid-60s golden boots.

Bramwell ! , , come home for X-mas.

Good old DanvillRob - I sometimes miss the contact with his collection. It belonged here as an important brick in the building.

Doves indeed : Luxery Doves, Doves in Flight, Dove Above, Doves de Luxe and that warm amber-burst, , , , well, just Dove.

Not to mention the ultra hip mid-60s golden boots.

Bramwell ! , , come home for X-mas.

I met DanvillRob once, at 'ol Fred's SANSJAM 2012 way back up in the hills in California's Gold Country. Every time I look at Neil's Harvest Moon video, I think of that area.

Dan did love him some Doves, for sure, but he brought an old beater Blue Ridge to that SANSJAM, rather than one of his Doves. Definitely had a thing for Gibson square dreads.

I suspect he had one of his doves in his RV there, but didn't want to bring it out for everyone to get their grubby paws on it.

Archived