Gibson Brands Forums

Fingerpicking machines...

BluesKing777

I have arrived at that time and space where my new guitar is just what I always wanted but didn’t know existed - a pure 00 deep body fingerpicking machine for acoustic playing and plugging in with lots of design input by the fingerpicking master, Tommy Emmanuel.

I can’t mention the name without a couple of people frothing at the mouth, so it is time to say goodbye.

BluesKing777.

You shouldn’t worry so much BK

It’s simply the fact that you’re posting saying your guitar is better than anyone’s here

I know that’s maybe not your intention and if your Maton makes you happy then that’s just great

But if I was delighted with my new Porsche I wouldn’t wander into the Ferrari dealers to tell them

I’m grand with whatever is posted here , but that’s all the issue there is , some don’t like it is all

But some us still like ya in spite of your dwindling taste in guitars 😂

And there's this.

People are too uptight these days.

I don't know what it is. The internet I guess.

You can't hardly post a joke these days without some Snowflake getting offended. Comedians are concerned about it. America was founded on Free Speech and individual Rights, yet some people (and Corporations) would like to limit that to their ideas, not ALL ideas. Even to the point of College Campus "safe zones" and other silliness.

It's a strange new World.

Play whatever guitar you like, man. However, this IS a Gibson Forum.

Got me one of those - an early 1930s Kay Kraft-built Oahu "Nick Lucas" so named as it shares virtually identical body specs with the more famous Gibson version. 00 size body, 1 7/8" nut and 2 5/16" string spread at the bridge. Then again, the only way I know how to play is with my fingers so if I own it, it is a fingerpicking machine.

But hey, I like Harmonys so am used to having abuse heaped on by the soundhole sniffer crowd. And I am OK with that - leaves more for me.

Got me one of those - an early 1930s Kay Kraft-built Oahu "Nick Lucas" so named as it shares virtually identical body specs with the more famous Gibson version. 00 size body, 1 7/8" nut and 2 5/16" string spread at the bridge. Then again, the only way I know how to play is with my fingers so if I own it, it is a fingerpicking machine.

But hey, I like Harmonys so am used to having abuse heaped on by the soundhole sniffer crowd. And I am OK with that - leaves more for me.

There's nothing wrong with less 'exalted' makes of guitars from yesteryear, especially for fingerpicking. Not all hold up as well to flatpicking, which is a shame - makes scoring a real monster instrument of humble origin more difficult.

So what exactly is the difference between "the soundhole sniffer crowd" and someone who likes old Harmonys?

Just askingf thank you

And there's this.

People are too uptight these days.

I don't know what it is. The internet I guess.

You can't hardly post a joke these days without some Snowflake getting offended. Comedians are concerned about it. America was founded on Free Speech and individual Rights, yet some people (and Corporations) would like to limit that to their ideas, not ALL ideas. Even to the point of College Campus "safe zones" and other silliness.

It's a strange new World.

Play whatever guitar you like, man. However, this IS a Gibson Forum.

Well spoken ^

BK777 - let things calm down for you. Enjoy your Maton while you do.

Archived