Gibson Brands Forums

Unique Steel Guitar- Help!

I have inherited a steel guitar from my brother many years ago and have since asked many people if they could provide me with any details about it. It is very unique and does not have any numbers or branding on it anywhere. It has a beautiful, beach engraving on each side, mother of pearl (I think) and abalone inlay and a gorgeous neck. It's a beautiful piece and I would love to have more information on it. Could you possibly give me any information or a contact of someone who can?

I have more pictures that will not fit on this post.

Thank you!

Becca

post-97122-028481400 1545226159_thumb.jpg

post-97122-002991400 1545226200_thumb.jpg

post-97122-032344400 1545226208_thumb.jpg

I have inherited a steel guitar from my brother many years ago and have since asked many people if they could provide me with any details about it. It is very unique and does not have any numbers or branding on it anywhere. It has a beautiful, beach engraving on each side, mother of pearl (I think) and abalone inlay and a gorgeous neck. It's a beautiful piece and I would love to have more information on it. Could you possibly give me any information or a contact of someone who can?

I have more pictures that will not fit on this post.

Thank you!

Becca

Dual humbuckers in adjustable rings on a resonator? Those, plus the ABR-style bridge, block inlays and modern sealed tuners all point to an inexpensive Asian build. It's certainly not old.

Archived