Gibson Brands Forums

Is this 2016 Les Paul 60's Tribute real ?

thedirtyluc

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I am going to take a look at a 2016 Les Paul 60's Tribute and I wondered if it's real. The pole pieces of the bridge in the picture look like they have allen key holes in them.

But I am not sure could be a reflection ore something on the pole piece heads.

The neck has been refinished.

Here some pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/B4OKXeO

Thanks in advance

Looking at those pics again, I have to agree with the Kid, If you look at the pic of the back of the head stock and the pic of back of the whole guitar, that's not the same guitar. The pic of the back of the head has paint on the neck.

4itOwnf.jpg

HGVNOWA.jpg

Looking at those pics again, I have to agree with the Kid, If you look at the pic of the back of the head stock and the pic of back of the whole guitar, that's not the same guitar. The pic of the back of the head has paint on the neck.

4itOwnf.jpg

HGVNOWA.jpg

Yes I saw that before. He told me that he took the picture before it had been refinished. He said that the lacquer flaked off.

we negociated 300 euros for it.

If I see any damage on the headstock or else on the neck I will walk away.

Thanks for all your answers

Yes I saw that before. He told me that he took the picture before it had been refinished. He said that the lacquer flaked off.

we negociated 300 euros for it.

If I see any damage on the headstock or else on the neck I will walk away.

Thanks for all your answers

For 300 euros knock off 50 for headstock damage. still a good deal

Just wasn't shure about the pole pieces. For that price it's at least worth a look :)

Guitar has P90's. The pickup cover has 2 screws to attach it to the body. That is what I think you are seeing, the polepieces are actually lower and virtually in the cover. The back of the neck looks like he has just taken off the finish but.......... Make sure before parting with cash, the price is right for sure.

The finish looks motley everywhere like the whole thing has been refinished.. A few aftermarket parts, maybe worth 300 US if their are no cracks hiding anywhere..

I agree, I don't think Gibson QA would let orange peel to pass through.

Archived