Gibson Brands Forums

Tool to tighten up the strap nut/button / output jack on my Epiphone EJ-200SCE/VS

coffee_king

I'm looking for the correct tool to tighten up the strap nut/button / output jack on my Epiphone EJ-200SCE/VS

The nut is tightened with a 17mm spanner, but the inside of the output jack needs a tool to hold it in place properly while you tighten the nut.

I imagine it would look like this but the tips would be at a 90 degree angle instead as there are holes inside the output jack for a similar tool to fit into.

Any help anyone?

I'm based in the UK by the way.

post-97192-097085500 1545392365_thumb.jpg

All I can provide is how I have handled tightening inside the guitar nuts for input jacks on flattop guitars. I take the strings off and either stick my arm into the guitar while holding a pliers or crescent wrench or an open ended wrench (corresponding to the nut size) and give it a few small turns at a time, repeating the step as needed. Often times it is a bit painful on my arm to get it inside the guitar and holding the wrench or pliers isn’t an easy task either. But doing it all in small amounts and the taking my hand out (sometimes to retrieve the wrench or pliers I dropped in the guitar) helps to make it possible to do, though it sometimes is a bit painful. There may be a better way, but I am not familiar with it. A good luthier likely is likely used to doing the process or has a long stem wrench of some kind, but I am not familiar with such.

Just my experience.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Archived