Gibson Brands Forums

What I Don't Know...Is A Lot. 30's L00 Bridge

jedzep

Paper thin at the wings, sloshy pin holes and beginning to lift. Thought it might be a good time to swap it, but I don't want to put anything but a period correct bridge on. When I went to the Umanov site I saw he had just sold the one I needed, so I'll live with what I have. I put a zero fret thingy on this guitar and I'm very happy with the little bit of crispness it added.

The luthier I use does a nice job at duplicating the bridges.

Here's one he made for the Banner J45. When I got the guitar, the previous owner opted to shave the bridge down rather than reset the neck. It could had been rebuilt by glueing a piece of BRW on the bottom.

I've kept the original in case someone down the road wants to put it back on.

863CB3B0-0554-487D-B906-76DD2C7EA38F_zpsglnrpsky.jpg

He's currently working on this '43 LG1 for me. This bridge has had a rough life. A couple sets of dowel pins added?? An extra saddle slot???

Since it hasn't been shaved down, he's going to try to rebuild it. If that doesn't work out, he'll make a new brw one for it. He's done some very nice work for me and builds custom guitars.

59BA1165-9780-4755-BDFB-1807033672DA_zpsfk3pd66q.jpg

Really appreciate that, Dave. I have a couple BRW blanks, and great luthiers surrounding me, so your pics give me a little push forward. Did your guy come down short of the 300 dollar Umanov price?

About a third of that

Archived