Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie, help me identify this custom pro

fiddlebick

Ive never owned electric, although I play acoustic guitar and fiddle. Looking at a used epiphone by an idividual, and it has the custom shop indicator on the headstock. Number on the headstock is 311598447. I've tried to use the decoder I searched for on the internet as pertains to epiphne serial numbers, but nothing makes sense. Can someone help me so I can identify the year the guitar was made. I want to look at the specs for this particular year guitar before I buy. I know there are some guru's out there to help me. Thanks folks!

I'm far from an expert but it looks bogus plus I don't know that Epiphone has a custom shop version of anything. This is the Epiphone serial number decoder. Any pictures you could provide would be very helpful.

YYMMFFRRRRR

YY = year of manufacture

MM = month of manufature

FF = factory ID

RRRRR = ranking number

Example: 08121520333 = 2008 / December / factory 15 / unit 20333

Note: Models from 2008 and onwards omit the factory ID letter prefix. Pre-1994 productions also frequently omit the factory letter codes and appeared as all digits, e.g. 3042779.

FYYMMRRRR

F/FF = factory ID

Y/YY = year of manufacture

MM = month of manufacture

RRRR = ranking number

Example: 3021234 = Samick Korea / 1993 / February / unit 1234

Example: S3021234 = Samick Korea / 1993 / February / unit 1234

Example: S93021234 = Samick Korea / 1993 / February / unit 1234

Example: SI01021234 = Samick Indonesia / 2001 / February / unit 1234

Example: SI010212345 = Samick Indonesia / 2001 / February / unit 12345

Ive never owned electric, although I play acoustic guitar and fiddle. Looking at a used epiphone by an idividual, and it has the custom shop indicator on the headstock. Number on the headstock is 311598447. I've tried to use the decoder I searched for on the internet as pertains to epiphne serial numbers, but nothing makes sense. Can someone help me so I can identify the year the guitar was made. I want to look at the specs for this particular year guitar before I buy. I know there are some guru's out there to help me. Thanks folks!

Hey Fiddleback;

As others have mentioned Epi does not have a custom shop - however - they do and have used Custom Shop logos on Limited Editions (usually custom colour or coloured hardware.) I've owned a couple and still own one.

Here's a link to another site (not mine) that illustrates some variations

http://i214.photobuc...18/Epiheads.jpg

No expert here but - I think your serial breaks down like this

31 - plant code (think this is China)

15 - 2015

9 - Sept

8447 - production rank

If you can post pics we can maybe help more.

Johnny

Here are two of my Custom Shop Epiphone SG's...

BKWHwMk.jpg

These are "Epiphone Limited Edition Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 61 SG Specials"... Made in China in 2011..[thumbup]

A rare production run based on a G400 with P90's and hardware style used on a Gibson 61 SG Special..

TV_Splash.jpgImage from Epiphone's archive...

The Custom Shop logo usually just indicates a "limited" production run or configuration that is different from the standard models.....

The other odd thing is the number of digits, only 9. Both your headstocks show 11.

Its possible it could be an early Korean/Japanese built which do not have a lot of documentation, if 311598447 is stamped into the wood or finished printing..

But if the SN is printed on a "stuck on label" starting with 311XXXXXX its a MIRC...

It's hard to understand your meaning due to your exceptionally poor grammar.

Well, I will cut him a little slack as English is a second language for him. But I don't excuse his message.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Pro Win Hop Up unit for my VFC HK416 and for some odd reason it does not want to seem to cooperate. I have searched around and have found nothing that will tell me how to fix it. Does anybody have any ideas to fix this?

Thanks

Archived