Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from VA

Chadgauge

Hello, I'm a 45 year old guitar hobbyist who loves guitars. About 20 years ago as a newly wed I chose to sell my '69 Gold Top to help with bills. Fast-forward 20 years and my lovely wife bought me a 2017 Gold Top Classic for a 20th anniversary gift; not the '69, but still pretty damn cool none the less. More recently than the Gold Top, she was very supportive with my decision to order my dream acoustic. I just ordered a SJ-200 Vintage Custom Shop in vintage sunburst which I've not yet received. I have my reservations about ordering an item like this online, but am hoping for the best.

A part of the reason I joined the forum is to ask if anyone knows what material I should expect the bridge pins to be. Any way, I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Seems like a great forum, I can't wait to start poking around.

Here is the Guitar I ordered:

post-97426-094805300 1546134978_thumb.jpg

If they are what is pictured looks like top grade white plastic. Where in VA are you? I live in Newport News.

Thank you for the response, I'm in the town of Culpeper. If the bridge pins are indeed plastic, I think that I'll replace them with something else. Thank you again.

Welcome and very beautiful acoustic. I couldn't find what material they made the pins from. Replacement pins for it were Graph Tech Tusq. The Nut & Bridge mustache Saddle are Bone so I wouldn't do anything to the pins until confirmed that they aren't bone or tusq. You can call Gibson Customer Service at; 1-800-4GIBSON or E-mail them at; service@gibson.com. with any questions you might have and they will get back to you with answers.

Welcome and very beautiful acoustic. I couldn't find what material they made the pins from. Replacement pins for it were Graph Tech Tusq. The Nut & Bridge mustache Saddle are Bone so I wouldn't do anything to the pins until confirmed that they aren't bone or tusq. You can call Gibson Customer Service at; 1-800-4GIBSON or E-mail them at; service@gibson.com. with any questions you might have and they will get back to you with answers.

Thank you for the compliment and the information. I've received the guitar and it is AMAZING! It arrived well set and ready to go, no adjustments needed at this time. It plays like a dream and already has a really great sound with plenty of depth. I look forward to many years of play of plunking around on this. BTW - The bridge pins seem to be constructed of tusq.

Thank you again!

HI again,Chadgauge,

I can see now the guitars you have. Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that I don't know enough to answer your question but I am sure there are others who can. I live down in the northwestern part of NC. My wife and I were married in Alexandria and we worked at the Pentagon before retiring down here.

My wife took her first guitar lesson yesterday! So we are both starting a little late on new endeavors. [wink]

Enjoy! Scott

Archived