Gibson Brands Forums: Problem with MIDI Learn Editor - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem with MIDI Learn Editor

#1 User is offline   hidden 

• Group: All Access

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

I used deckadance 2 like 3 years ago (i dont know which patch version it was) and i didn't have this problem. I recently bought the steam version and now i have one. Let's take the loop button as an example. Normally it used to be like this: I assigned it to a button on my controller via the Midi learn editor. When i push the button once the loop button turns on and STAYS on as long as i push the button again. Now it works like this: The loop button stays on as long as i push the button. When i let go off it immediately turns off. This makes the loop function useless to use with a controller since i would have to hold a button the whole time to loop a segment. Is this fixable?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

#2 User is offline   TheMoroney 

• Group: All Access
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:23 AM

This is fixable using scripting. Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with the differences between the normal versions of deckadance and the Steam version. I do know that there were some changes with the way midi signals were interpreted since releases 3 years ago.
Guest Script Writer (IE, I do not work for Stanton, Gibson, or any of their associated brands, nor do I work any other companies who are in the industry. This also means I do not get any compensation for the scripts I write. All scripts that are written by me and all help given by me is to be acknowledged as one user helping another.)
Author of the Numark DJ2GO script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the Numark Orbit script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the updated version of the script for the M-Audio Xponent (included in 2.72)
Author of the Akai APK Mini script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the Numark Mixtrack 3 script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Deckadance user since 2014
FL Studio user since 2013

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users