Gibson Brands Forums

Epi DC Pro

Cougar

I like this a lot!! Normally I find the Epi head stock on a LP uninviting but this one is the **** with the binding and MOP. Also the inlays are killer on the Pau Ferro fret board. I just have to figure out how to get one of these in the house under my Wife's radar.

New kid on the block - Epiphone's DC Pro. Looks pretty cool, with some pretty good specs. Also looks like a neck diver though....

POP_DCPRO_MF.jpg

Probably not a neck diver as the button is on the end of the very long horn... I think it will be great playing well balanced guitar like its predecessor the Del Rey... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Actually according to the spec's it is an upgraded Del Rey (Below) which is much older than the Tak DC and an original Epiphone design.

cbxtkmy5wvye5eypvbdf.jpg

The Tak DC has a lot going for it, most likely modeled after the earlier Del Rey, similar PRS and Hamer. But the New Epiphone DC Pro is quite different and has its own unique Epiphone heritage..

POP_DCPRO_ME.jpg

Epiphone DC Pro Spec's

The Green Wild Ivy seems to be winking, speaking and using stealth radar..

POP_DCPRO_WI.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but of all of the guitar colors, I find blue to be the most "un-natural"....

The Tak Mastsumoto DC 22 fret SlimTaper 1960s "D" profile neck and comes in Blue, that I think was only available in Japan..

The Epiphone DC Pro 24 fret Mahogany deep set neck has a unique and comfortable “C” profile and comes in Black Cherry (BC), Faded Cherry Sunburst (FC), Midnight Ebony (ME), Mojave Fade (MF) and Wild Ivy (WI)

DCPro_Wrnty.jpg

Nice to have the Epiphone original designed upgraded Del Rey back..

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen any US suppliers saying they have it "in stock" yet. Although, it is mentioned that the MSRP will be $999 and Dealers would sell for: $599"..

Although Dawsons in the UK says "available to order" for £499.00 ... I wonder if anyone was able to buy one at NAMM...

Saw them meanwhile also on thomann.de for EUR 579, but their site says it'll take more 4-5 weeks. I guess it's the time Epiphone needs to ship them and get them through customs. Same happened to me with a PRO-1 which I ordered some months ago

Saw them meanwhile also on thomann.de for EUR 579, but their site says it'll take more 4-5 weeks. I guess it's the time Epiphone needs to ship them and get them through customs. Same happened to me with a PRO-1 which I ordered some months ago

SamAsh seems to have all models in stock..

for international shipping call 1-800-472-6274

Archived