Gibson Brands Forums

Snapshots in Time

Lars68

I guess by passing fifty last year, reflecting and looking back at some key moments in my life is kind of normal. I just wrote a song about it. Some of the happiest moments, and some of the saddest, all in one song.

No Gibson content in this one. Just me and a Telecaster this time. The song is in English, by the way.

Does it work?

Lars

That's a good one, Lars. The Tele is actually perfect for that.

Thanks, Nick! Yes I thought the Tele sounded better than an acoustic for this one. It was my first time recording this guitar, and there is some static interference caused by the iPad at some spots, but I can live with it. I just put the mic in front of my tiny Yamaha THR5 desk practice amp. Sounds good for what it is, I think.

Lars

Thanks Larry!

I had actually made a mistake and transferred the wrong file to Soundcloud. I corrected the error and changed the file in the link above. The new take is the one I intended to post, and I believe it is a much better performance. I make too many mistakes as is, no need to put discarded takes up here [biggrin]

Lars

Well, with things that have been going on, it was hard for me to be up for a Lars song, then when looking to give a listen later, I couldn't find it. 'Took some searching. . . I suppose the "new sheriff in town" is watching from afar. MissouriPickr was right- the Tele works well to give the feel of cold, hard reality of life. Fortunately, love is a spiritual thing, and lasts forever.

Well, with things that have been going on, it was hard for me to be up for a Lars song, then when looking to give a listen later, I couldn't find it. 'Took some searching. . . I suppose the "new sheriff in town" is watching from afar. MissouriPickr was right- the Tele works well to give the feel of cold, hard reality of life. Fortunately, love is a spiritual thing, and lasts forever.

I appreciate the listen. Hope my moody songs don't bring you down too much [biggrin] I've tried to write pop songs, but nothing comes out..

Lars

Archived