Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Modern Double Cut

Rob831

I am very interested in the Gibson Modern Double Cut (solid body), as well as the Gibson Modern Double Cut (semi-hollow) models. Can someone please tell me, are these manufactured in Nashville or Memphis? Thank you for you time and help.

There is some debate as to whether the double cuts were made by the Custom Shop or Gibson USA, but I believe both are in Nashville. I believe the Memphis plant made ES (hollow and semi-hollow electrics). In any case by April all will be made in Nashville.

I am looking at two different Gibson Modern Double Cut guitars. The first, is a solid-body, painted in bullion gold, which was manufactured in March 2017. Because this is a solid-body, I figured it was built in Nashville. The second, is a semi-hollow, painted in pearl white, which was manufactured in December 2107. I'm not sure if the pearl white Gibson Modern Double Cut guitar was built in Nashville or Memphis, because it is a semi-hollow guitar. Thank you for any help you can provide.

I am looking at two different Gibson Modern Double Cut guitars. The first, is a solid-body, painted in bullion gold, which was manufactured in March 2017. Because this is a solid-body, I figured it was built in Nashville. The second, is a semi-hollow, painted in pearl white, which was manufactured in December 2107. I'm not sure if the pearl white Gibson Modern Double Cut guitar was built in Nashville or Memphis, because it is a semi-hollow guitar. Thank you for any help you can provide.

I would guess that the semi-hollow was made in Memphis.

Here's a question for you - what difference does it make which plant they were made in?

I posted my question in hopes that someone could answer it. I have a genuine and deep sentimental attachment to the city of Memphis, as well as Memphis-built Gibson guitars. I toured the plant when it first opened in 2000 and then again last April of 2018. I have also purchased three guitars from the Gibson showroom in Memphis. To my knowledge, neither the Nashville or Bozeman facilities offer tours or sales. Needless to say, I am very sad that the Memphis plant will be closing in April 2019.

I posted my question in hopes that someone could answer it. I have a genuine and deep sentimental attachment to the city of Memphis, as well as Memphis-built Gibson guitars. I toured the plant when it first opened in 2000 and then again last April of 2018. I have also purchased three guitars from the Gibson showroom in Memphis. To my knowledge, neither the Nashville or Bozeman facilities offer tours or sales. Needless to say, I am very sad that the Memphis plant will be closing in April 2019.

The Custom Shop in Nashville has done some semi-hollows like the CS-336. OTOH, I was told that all "white" guitars were done in Memphis due to special requirements for that color. I'm not sure if that applied to pearl white or not.

• 1 month later...

Archived