Gibson Brands Forums

Johnny Cash Cover

BoSoxBiker

This is a cover of Cocaine Blues as performed for his "At Folsom Prison" album. He really gets into it. Singing normally doing my best Cash vocal did not come close, so I belted it out. Kind of stinks, but such great fun. It's not often one gets to sing the "Lordy Lordy, have mercy on me" line at the top of their lungs. Needless to say, this was wayyyyyy out of my comfort zone.

I did a few extra guitar parts just cuz. The main one is the SJ-200 with accents with the Tele on the right and the Electromatic g5120 on the left. Two hastily played instrumentals that I just was not getting right. I'll replace at some point. Well, the first one at least. The drums were created from the Toontracks EZDrummer package called "Nashville".

If anything else, you can have a good laugh at my expense with the verse lines starting about 2:20. [biggrin] This was such fun to do.

Cocaine Blues

(ps - there are two small sections not in Cash's original. I've got an original comedy song coming up next using this basic construct and I needed the extra space. It's still a short song.)

Archived