Gibson Brands Forums

Input jack nut sizes?

ADD

Hello folks -- am sure others may have asked this but my best efforts at search have not turned up the answer. Just got a 339 Studio delivered but the input jack was rattling around inside the body. I've managed to get it back into place but the nut for it is missing in action somewhere and needs replacing. Nothing I have to hand seems to fit and I've asked StewMac but they said they can't tell without my measuring it (which I'm not sure I can accurately do without popping the jack back into the hole again after spending my morning fishing it out-- just thought I'd ask here in the hope that it's so bog standard I can find one at the hardware store today. Thanks in advance.

Your going to have a tough time finding a nut at hardware store for that thing. If I were you and if you had a music store near by I would just go there. Or if not maybe you have a radio shack type store in town that could help you out.

Hello folks -- am sure others may have asked this but my best efforts at search have not turned up the answer. Just got a 339 Studio delivered but the input jack was rattling around inside the body. I've managed to get it back into place but the nut for it is missing in action somewhere and needs replacing. Nothing I have to hand seems to fit and I've asked StewMac but they said they can't tell without my measuring it (which I'm not sure I can accurately do without popping the jack back into the hole again after spending my morning fishing it out-- just thought I'd ask here in the hope that it's so bog standard I can find one at the hardware store today. Thanks in advance.

I did a rough measurement and suspect it's just a 3/8" flat nut which should be available anywhere. I'll run to Home Depot and if that fails, off to a guitar store tomorrow. How to frustrate new guitar day! I'll report back if it works just to have a record of it here.

For closure here -- HD never had the part I needed despite it showing on their site so I popped in to local shop on way home and got nut/washer for 50c. Guy there also reckoned it unlikely HD would have the size but I'm not sure it's that unusual - seems to be regular thin half-inch hex nut with 3/8" thread. I'll check this if I get a chance.

Archived