Gibson Brands Forums

I'm lighter one Les Paul today

sparquelito

Sold my Gibson Les Paul Sully Erna Signature today.

I needed the cash, and truth be told, I haven't been playing it as much as I should have been.

(Been favoring the Les Paul Faded instead, along with a Tele built for me by a local hitter.)

Such a great guitar, and the factory hard case was nicer than anything most humans get buried in.

Really posh.

Gorgeous features, that Sully Erna, but with just the bridge pickup, there weren't too many tonal or sonic options. (Onboard effects notwithstanding.)

Farewell Godsmack guitar.

I proud to say I owned ya.

I hope you are happy in your new digs.

:(

124434.jpg

U could have swapped out the Hard Shell case, no?

I'm sort of weird about the guitar staying with it's original case.

Plus, I like the Gibson soft case that came with my other Les Paul.

Next up, in my purge, up for sale is my Fender Aerodyne bass.

I have an old band-mate that wants it, and I'm giving him a really good deal on it.

If he doesn't take it, I'll post to craigslist, I reckon.

[crying]

preview.jpg

Dont feel bad, last week i sold my LP jr Tv yellow, that one was super light and comfty to play, i always wanted that since i was younger and listened to punk music but like mentioned already sometimes you have to move on. I needed the money to get an 81 LP deluxe! it should be here this week msp_rolleyes.gif

Man you can get another one if it means that much to you later on when things are better. Believe me life goes on and we all have been there bro.

Thanks, bitim.

Truth be told, I won't be getting another Sully Erna Les Paul.

It's a REALLy cool guitar, but it's heavy, and it's got a trebly tone.

My Gibson Les Paul Faded is a much more versatile guitar, has a harmonic sustain that is almost violin-like, and it's a lot lighter (weight relieved body).

:)

s-l300.jpg

Man I am still not over this one yet. It has only been 14 years since I sold it and I believe it or not I think I still wet my pants over it too. It was a 1981 Les Paul Custom. I had it for like 22 years.

And I still need a hug and a warm bottle of milk plus a good burping sometimes when I start to thinking about it!!!5eFHdEN.jpg

Don't forget, everything happens for a reason.

It might just be the best thing that has happened to you but you just don't know it yet!

Sometimes it takes years, even decades to understand the reasons behind certain events in your life.

:-)

Don't forget, everything happens for a reason.

It might just be the best thing that has happened to you but you just don't know it yet!

Sometimes it takes years, even decades to understand the reasons behind certain events in your life.

:-)

Tell me about it.

On top of everything else, I quit drinking this past weekend.

Wish me and my liver luck;

We're gonna need it.

:unsure:

Archived