Gibson Brands Forums

Indonesian gibson custom

Hey_Arnod!

I ordered a guitar from the ebay online store. I should have sent a lesss Paul, but they sent me a marked Gibson. I understand that this is a fake. I was given 4 days to prove that this is a fake. At the end I will provide a letter of those support. I hope that I created the theme correctly and you will help to deal with this problem.

technical support letter

Hello Nikita,

Thank you for writing to eBay customer support about the product 163142703459. My name is Mohit and I will do my best to help you.

I understand that you do not want to ship back unauthentic product to seller. Be assured, your transaction is covered under eBay protection.

I checked details of this transaction. I see that it is written Gibson on product with manufacture location as the USA. I see that it is shipped from Taiwan. You do not want to ship the unauthentic product back to the seller, so as to prevent problems with law enforcement. Do not worry, we will not ask you to ship the product back to the seller.

Nikita, it is quite possible for the product to be made in once country and shipped from another. It is also legal. We will no be able to consider this as a counterfeit product based on this observation. Still if you do not want to keep the product, you can ship it back to seller for a refund. Refund will be given once product is delivered to the seller.

In case you do not want to return the product back based on counterfeit claim, them I recommend you to produce a proof of counterfeit from manufacturer. Once we receive the proof, we will take further action on the case.

Nikita, once a returns request is opened, seller gets to resolve the issue within 4 business days. Within these 4 business days we will not be able to take any action on the case from our end. In this case we will be able to take action on the case from 21.01.2019. I recommend you to write back to us on this date, preferably with proof of counterfeit. Without a proof of counterfeit.

Thank you for understanding. Please feel free to contact us for future queries.

Kind Regards,

Mohit S

eBay Customer Support

post-97909-097164000 1547711413_thumb.jpg

post-97909-095132200 1547711430_thumb.jpg

post-97909-017609700 1547711443_thumb.jpg

This forum is not an official Gibson support forum, for Gibson Customer Service issues, you need to contact customer service directly.

Sounds like you bought Chibson,, (in other words, a Chinese Counterfeit.) if that's what happened Gibson really has nothing to do with a guitar they did not make.

If you bought this guitar from an eBay seller, and later discovered it's counterfeit, this needs to be resolved with the seller.

You need to send this back and get a refund.

This forum is not an official Gibson support forum, for Gibson Customer Service issues, you need to contact customer service directly.

Sounds like you bought Chibson,, (in other words, a Chinese Counterfeit.) if that's what happened Gibson really has nothing to do with a guitar they did not make.

If you bought this guitar from an eBay seller, and later discovered it's counterfeit, this needs to be resolved with the seller.

You need to send this back and get a refund.

If I send it, I will break the laws of my country. I am not ready to risk it, but at the same time I do not want to pay money for a fake. I did not ask the seller to point to the guitar that it was a Gibson, I just needed a regular guitar that looked like shapes, without inscriptions. I wrote in support, more than 8 hours had passed, but they did not answer. Also sent to Gibson a message about fakes with a link to this seller, they can be able to block it. Link to the store, if anyone is interested - https://www.ebay.com/usr/symonsffp992?ul_noapp=true

I went to the link and didn't see any where saying "GIBSON" the description says Custom hand made guitar. somebody correct me if i am wrong but, if they don't advertise it as a GIBSON than they haven't done anything wrong? Is it a fake or a replica? If we all remember correctly the guitar that Slash used for AFD was a replica. Awesome guitar......BUT a FAKE.

I am in no way saying I agree or disagree with there being FAKE Gibsons sold but, Maybe its a good thing for some of it to be out there.

Sorry that you are unhappy either way.

Lousy guitar, you will need to invest a lot of money in it so that it would start to sound. The fact is that I wanted her in spite of this, but I do not need Gibson inscriptions on it. That is what can cause me problems. Because of this, I can use this guitar in the home or at the rehearsal base.

Lousy guitar, you will need to invest a lot of money in it so that it would start to sound. The fact is that I wanted her in spite of this, but I do not need Gibson inscriptions on it. That is what can cause me problems. Because of this, I can use this guitar in the home or at the rehearsal base.

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Good quality guitars generally aren't cheap, and we all know that Gibsons are not going to be cheap any way you cut it. There are tons of videos online that talk about these counterfeit Gibson guitars and how cheap they are. You need to research your purchases thoroughly before pulling the trigger, otherwise you don't know what you are spending your money on. The business of buying and selling guitars (gear in general) is one you need the knowledge, or you are going to run into situations like you are in right now. Sounds like you spent some bills on a POS that is pretty purple... I empathize with you, but man, I've been there before. I learned from those experiences like you hopefully will now. Better to spend the more money on a known good quality guitar than try to cut some corners or buy some "cheaper" guitar, because you will find its shortcomings and think that "Why didn't I just save up for the more expensive guitar?" I mean, if you spent for a cheap guitar that is half the cost of the "good" guitar you really want, you have to start all over again from behind, because you are going to eventually get the "good" guitar. Just some words of advice and why to avoid those "regretful" guitars. Hey, I'm sorry you landed a POS... Just take this as a learning experience and make do with what you got if at all possible. Better luck next time.

... I went to the link and didn't see any where saying "GIBSON" the description says Custom hand made guitar. somebody correct me if i am wrong but, if they don't advertise it as a GIBSON than they haven't done anything wrong? ...

If it is marked with Gibson-trademarks like the logo and the headstock shape, then it is illegal. There is a reason no one legally sells the Gibson-shaped headstock anymore ... and that reason is Gibson lawyers.

Gibbson support ignores me, but ebay says that without documents from Gibson, I can return the money just by sending the fake guitar back, thus I will break the law. I do not speak English well and can not call to talk on the Gibson hotline. I write all this through a translator. I can ask someone from the forum to call in support of the Gibson and tell them my problem, maybe they can somehow help to figure it out. I can't explain in English the whole point. I would be very grateful

the moment you say its a copy of to Ebay or even say its a fake to ebay.. you have to have proof from a credible Dealer.. in writing.. ...but if you say its not as described. and it plays like crap.. in a filed dispute.. ebay will back you up.. then its up to you to get that shipped back making sure it has a signiture on arrival.. then Ebay will pull those funds from the seller and remburse you. but you have to file and follow Ebays instructions first.. dont send it back till you have been told to by ebay.. on another note... Paypal acts completely different than ebay.. talk to them as well... tell them your not happy with the purchase.. they will back you up .. you have 30 days with ebay to do this... you have 90 days with paypal..

I looked at several of that seller's other guitar listings, and they do no show the headstocks of the guitars. Likewise, the listed manufacturer is not Gibson (one manufacturer is listed as "Human", the other as "Gihaiy"), so at least in these instances, the guitars have not explicitly been represented as Gibsons, despite using some Gibson nomenclature and being obvious copies. It should be apparent from the photos and the prices that these are not real Gibsons.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I looked at several of that seller's other guitar listings, and they do not show the headstocks of the guitars. Likewise, the listed manufacturer is not Gibson ... It should be apparent from the photos and the prices that these are not real Gibsons.

Agreed -- Everyone should certainly know by now that the market is flooded with foreign-made copies that Gibson has been trying to shut down. Such vendors often sideskirt the headstock pics and the name "Gibson" in their listings. This is nothing new. If you are paying less than $1000 for a new Gibson Les Paul Standard or other "premium" model, then ... uh ... there's a slight chance it is not real.

Yeah, except for the poster says he wanted a fake guitar that did not say Gibson on it. He knew he was buying a fake guitar he’s just complaining that it says Gibson on it and he has to prove that it’s a fake. This guy is trolling you....

• 2 weeks later...

One showed up for sale on my local Craig's list. I tagged the ad as a "prohibited" item and the guy just kept re posting it as a "replica" in hope of trading it up for a real Fender. Perhaps somebody told him he couldn't sell it so he decided to trade it off. A $200.00 illegal Guitar for a $1000.00 Strat would be what he was wanting to do. The ad went away. I have no idea if he gave up or somebody fell for it.

Archived