Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup battery pack falls out

livemusic

Another reason that active systems suck.......all kinds of crap hung inside the instrument requiring futzing with.

However, I understand some folks like 'em, so to solve your problem I recommend 3M Dual-Lock. This stuff is very good, vastly superior to velcro. As it snaps together it does require a bit of pressure to lock it in, but once locked it keeps what you put where it's should be.

Wow.

Mine has never given me a second thought. My J-45 is a 2003 and has been all over and just has the metal clamp.

My new J-15 has a little bag thing with a Velcro flap.

They have both been trouble free.

Best of luck.

I’ve never had a battery bag fall off ever 🤔

They’ve all been installed on the neck block. Not by me , just been there when I acquired the guitar

I kinda agree with buc about stuff inside the guitar being a pain but not because it falls off

And I won’t consider a guitar with anything adorning the outside. Don’t like barn doors on the sides of them not even little nobs a la Taylors

Just my thing

Edited by blindboygrunt

• 10 months later...

I purchased a brand new J45 Standard, inspection date 11/08/19. The battery bag fell off in less than a week. I've tried to reattach it with new adhesive backed velcro, but it won't even stick to the neck block. Not sure what to do next. By the way, telling us that you've never had a problem isn't helpful...we're not making this up.

If that sucker falls off while you are plugged in, it is going to sound like a bomb going off! If you are gigging with PA, the customers will hit the deck. “Surprise!”, you could tell them.🙂

The bag in my BK  kept coming off and after I bounced the battery around banging all parts, I had enough. Out with the big guns - I superglued the “A” section to the neck block.....it holds  when I pull the “B” section with battery in it. Just a baby dob of glue did it.

And remember to change batteries regularly and if you are not using it, take it out. My recent J50 purchase had the battery welded to the connector and it all came out with the battery.

BluesKing777.

7 hours ago, BluesKing777 said:

And remember to change batteries regularly and if you are not using it, take it out. My recent J50 purchase had the battery welded to the connector and it all came out with the battery.

I need to do that. I never use mine anymore since getting the Bose S1-Pro and the L1-Compact. The S1 has 2 mic inputs, then I can line out to the L1-Compact if the room is large enough.

I just keep buying batteries and putting them in there every time I change strings.

But they never fall out...