Picking in heaven Wiley

With love

John

xx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear.

He was an "old timer" here and will be missed.

Man

The likes of you and me must soldier on

I just messaged Mooseguy, now 94, to tell him about Wily

Let’s take Moose as our role model

Best to you

ugghh. seems death is having a special lately.

so sorry to hear this, OWF always brought some levity to this board. His "Special Gibson Forum Guitar for Forumites" ( http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/96952-special-gibson-forum-guitar-for-forumites/page__view__findpost__p__1315376) was a big hit, and went on for ten pages, many people suggesting guitars (like the 12 frets) that curiously ended up being put into limited runs.

Onewilyfool also took us along on his forays into the times he would play out- the odd coffee shop, open-mic, or bookstore/library gig. He played a very cool, very old Gibson, made in the nineteen teens (?) was it an L-1 ? . . . I remember his doing a song made popular again by Eric Clapton from his "Unplugged" performance.

Rest in Peace, Robert.

EDIT: right you are, Sal. It will always be OWF's J-45 list, and we'll surely be adding to it.

so sorry to hear this, OWF always brought some levity to this board. His "Special Gibson Forum Guitar for Forumites" ( http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/96952-special-gibson-forum-guitar-for-forumites/page__view__findpost__p__1315376) was a big hit, and went on for ten pages, many people suggesting guitars (like the 12 frets) that curiously ended up being put into limited runs.

Onewilyfool also took us along on his forays into the times he would play out- the odd coffee shop, open-mic, or bookstore/library gig. He played a very cool, very old Gibson, made in the nineteen teens (?) was it an L-1 ? . . . I remember his doing a song made popular again by Eric Clapton from his "Unplugged" performance.

Rest in Peace, Robert.

EDIT: right you are, Sal. It will always be OWF's J-45 list, and we'll surely be adding to it.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

May his memory be a blessing.

He was a long time poster and always posted good interesting stuff to read. I always enjoyed reading his posts and his knowledge sharing. This forum is a better place for his many posts hat he used to do here. He will be missed by those of us who knew him on this forum.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Rest in Peace, Robert.

I believe he played "Nobody knows you when you're down and out" on that old L-whatever. He had a wicked sense of humor.

Was he from the UK? Do they do online obituaries there?

He lived in the San Francisco Bay area. We were supposed to meet up for a picking session when I was working in SF a few years ago, but he wasn't feeling well and had to cancel, so we never met face-to-face. He was a kindred spirit, seeming not to take himself too seriously.

You never know how much time we have. A guy who has been a good friend for 45 years was run over and killed by a piece of equipment clearing part of his land this week. He was gone in an instant.

Seize the day.

I believe he played "Nobody knows you when you're down and out" on that old L-whatever. He had a wicked sense of humor.

Right, you are, Nick- I'd asked Johnt back channel if he thought it would be ok to share some music from OWF. . . so, without further ado:

He lived in the San Francisco Bay area. We were supposed to meet up for a picking session when I was working in SF a few years ago, but he wasn't feeling well and had to cancel, so we never met face-to-face. He was a kindred spirit, seeming not to take himself too seriously.

You never know how much time we have. A guy who has been a good friend for 45 years was run over and killed by a piece of equipment clearing part of his land this week. He was gone in an instant.

Seize the day.

Yep, for sure. I had a friend who got run over by his tractor not long ago and died.

Sad indeed, I'm sure it's a great sorrow for the family. I remember when my kids started leaving the home and spreading out, we decided that everyone should make it a priority to attend the weddings (we have 11 kids). Sofar it has worked. OWF has been missed here and will be remembered here for along time. Prayers to the family.

Sad news - OWF was a character on board.

He and I had a good connection and I just checked the private talk we had about F-birds (Wily was a former Firebirder and wanted to know a detail).

Our exchange went further than that and he talked about traveling experiences in Europe. Italy was his favorite place, , , besides he liked the Greeks.

I liked OWF and sometimes jokingly suggested it was time for him to get an impresario ~ may his spirit not be forgotten

Sad to hear this news. I always enjoyed OWF's posts and humor when I was a frequent flyer on the Acoustic forum.

I just happened to check in and this news brought back so many good memories of what makes this Forum so special...comradery of a great cast of characters.

RIP Robert and condolences to your family and friends.

Archived