Gibson Brands Forums

New SG 1961 Pro From Amazon (Damaged?)

SGWill90

I just received this guitar from amazon and noticed this on the neck. Not sure if its damage or quality control issue. The bridge was also very off when i received it as well. This is only my second guitar so i'm still a noob. Just checking to see if i should send this thing back and get another or if this is normal. Any information anyone can give would be helpful! thanks guys!

ya, I agree. if it's supposed to be "new" it appears for sure not to be. So can you still return it?

If you can, do so, then get away from amazon for this, go to either an online merchant like Sweeetwater, or Musicians Friend. You will get a brand new guitar if that is what you're trying to purchase in the first place.

Good luck!

Do they sell used guitars on Amazon?

you never know. Some of these Amazon dealers are not trustworthy. IME, was not quite the same as buying a guitar [which I would never do on Amazon],

I bought some Piano tutorial books for my granddaughter. The items I bough were listed as "NEW" but what I got was in fact USED books. someone's grubby coffee stains, and pencil/ink notes written all over them.

Dorks...

• 2 weeks later...

I just received this guitar from amazon and noticed this on the neck. Not sure if its damage or quality control issue. The bridge was also very off when i received it as well. This is only my second guitar so i'm still a noob. Just checking to see if i should send this thing back and get another or if this is normal. Any information anyone can give would be helpful! thanks guys!

Take a damp rag and see if you can clean it off. When that was packages in China they may not have cleaned it properly after buffing. Odds are that is the problem. I got one with a bolt on neck that was drilled at 25 degree angle. All 4 screws were in wrong but it passed quality. Does the neck joint move? Is that wax residue or polish? Epi finishes are hard as a rock and pretty thick. They could crack or if the neck is loose and it cracked be moving and making dust grinding on its self.

I'm a big Amazon customer but some dealers that sell through Amazon are crooks. Amazon will get rid of them as soon as they see what they do. Still better than dealers on Ebay for the most part.

Archived