Gibson Brands Forums

ISP Decimator: Need Some Info

DuaLeaD

Ok guys, I've done some research and it confirms what has been said in earlier threads (whoever told me to buy one). It's been rated VERY high (averages in the upper 9s) on Musician's Friend for noise suppression that won't mess with your tone.

I'm pretty set on it but I have a question....Which model should I get? I see 2 pedals and 2 pro-rack modules....

http://www.isptechnologies.com/decimatorproducts.htm

What are the true differences? Money shouldn't be an issue here...I think they're all in my under $500 price range. I tend to buy the best I can afford. I like going in with nice gear that will be built to last.

Quote Jim Carrey in Liar Liar "It was me!!"

I had a look here:ISP DECIMATOR COMPARE DOCUMENT

It very clearly explains the advantages of each possible system. You should read closely to see what fits your goal, however I have a feeling that you would want the ProRack G, unless you need stereo - this allows pre and post pre-amp noisegates, that will work together regardless of your gain levels...

And when would one need stereo? If you had two stacks on each side of the stage?

The biggest venue we would play at in the foreseeable future would be a nice ballroom (*love* the stage and acoustics in there) with 500 people tops.

correct, not a compressor, only a noise gate...

to set it up, you probably want to run the guitar directly into the ProRack, then to the fx processor, then to the amp, then route the amp fx loop back to the prorack again...

Good luck...

Archived