Gibson Brands Forums

New guy from CA with "AJ-54ME"

JustStrummin

I am a forever-beginner fingerpicker from CA and recently purchased my first guitar intended for learning how to strum. After trying to fingerpick a few soft carols at Christmas, I realized that the nieces and nephews would prefer to sing along with someone strumming their favorites than sit quietly and listen. So uncle Ron purchased a nice used Epiphone Masterbuilt "AJ-54ME" from GC. As part of my research for the purchase, I did some online searching for the rarely seen "AJ-54ME" and it led me to a post on this forum from a few years ago. Someone by the forum name BillyGibson owned this very guitar a few years, and I guess determined that it was just mislabeled at the factory. It's really an AJ-45ME. Anyway, the guitar now resides in CA, and if you know Billy, please thank him for taking such good care of the guitar. I'll give it a good home. Because I like to tinker with guitars, I'm looking forward to learning about what mods people might have done to their AJ-45MEs to make them their own. Also, if you know of any basic books with guitar songs and strumming patterns, that would be helpful. Songs like Blowing in the Wind, Puff the Magic Dragon would be a good place to star. I wish I could learn to play by listening, but I have found that I have to see it. Thanks for the forum.

Archived