Gibson Brands Forums

What is this Gibson bass that I'm considering buying?

Heera

I'm pretty sure it's an early 70s EB-3L judging by the pickup placement, but the electronics are weird to say the least. It has 2 switches and 1V1T on a backplate type cover on the front of the bass, but there's no rear route at all. It has a maple neck and a volute, which also makes me think that it's an early 70s.

‘Don’t know anything about their electrics, but I do like their slothead design : https://reverb.com/item/17438060-gibson-eb-3l-c-1969?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpMSW4Ias4AIVCh-GCh0zOAbxEAQYAiABEgL9X_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&pla=1... and wonder if that might get some interest from the Martin/Taylor camp if offered by big G on a slope shoulder acoustic six string guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure it's an early 70s EB-3L judging by the pickup placement, free netflix tech news but the electronics are weird to say the least. It has 2 switches and 1V1T on a backplate type cover on the front of the bass, but there's no rear route at all. It has a maple neck and a volute, which also makes me think that it's an early 70s.

Any Updates????

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Guys, I think this is just spam. Look at "Heeras" last post. They quoted their own first post - which is weird in the first place - but look closely and you'll see they have inserted two spam links in the quote that were not in the original post.

The post about an electric bass should have been a tip-off here in an acoustic guitar forum. Pay attention... or you will soon be getting more e-mail like the ones from your recent "girlfriend" [biggrin]

Archived