Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SGJ 2013 - usual features?

mrboosh

Good Evening Folks,

I have recently acquired a 2013 Gibson SGJ guitar which plays really nice - and I am enjoying my time with her.... however on the usual strip down, check, clean as per usual with a second hand guitar I have come across the below points which I find slightly unusual... are these features correct for the model?

# Stoptail inserts appear to be different from each other

# It has Grover tuners, which seem to be original and not retro fit as there is only 1 screw hole... I was of the belief these were fitted with Gibson Deluxe tuners?

# There is a smiley face in my neck pickup cavity... and the neck joint seems a tad bit rough.

Now these seem minor and they probably are - but just seemed a bit odd.... can anyone shed any light on these? (pictures below)

I am not planning on selling the guitar as I very much enjoy playing it - but just seeing if these are oddities or how they come stock?

Thanks in advance

post-86557-017347100 1549826287_thumb.jpg

post-86557-077987300 1549826297_thumb.jpg

post-86557-071366200 1549826309_thumb.jpg

*Stoptail inserts appear to be different from each other

It looks like they just have a different amount of stain coloring them. Look the same to me.

*It has Grover tuners, which seem to be original and not retro fit as there is only 1 screw hole... I was of the belief these were fitted with Gibson Deluxe tuners?

My 2014 SGJ has Kluson Deluxe on it.

Grovers are fine imo.

*There is a smiley face in my neck pickup cavity... and the neck joint seems a tad bit rough.

Somebody was having a good day at work I guess. :)

Archived