Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul 100 Pickup Height Screws

chrislampkin

Hi all.

I recently picked up an Epiphone Les Paul 100 and one of the pickup height screws is fairly stripped out. I've searched around on the web and have found conflicting info regarding exactly what size the screws are. I'm sure it's been asked here before but trying a search didn't turn up anything either. Anyone have a definitive answer on this?

Thanks,

Chris

Pretty sure they are metric. Probably 3mm. Take one out and go to your local Home Depot in the fastener department. They usually have a nut and bolt test board on the racks to let customers decide what they need. The Pickup its self may be stripped out. If the pickup is stripped out you could drill it out and epoxy a nut on the back or get a threaded insert tool to repair it. Or just buy a set of upgrade pickups and they come with new screws most of the time. Those stock pickups are ok and pretty hot. I bought a new Stratocaster loaded pick guard about a year ago off Ebay and the Chinese factory had used Sheet metal screws on the pickups. What a mess that was. To long to fin in the cavity and sharp as a knife.

Archived