Gibson Brands Forums

Hooo boy. Ryan Adams

MorrisrownSal

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little older than some of you. Was never a fan. Just didn't dig his stuff.

Regardless, this is some creepy schit and, if true, is going to probably bite him hard. As it should.

I have a daughter too, Sal.

He'll blame drugs and alcohol but that's no excuse. I drank enough beer to literally float a battleship around, no offense to Ronny Van Zant, and never tried any of that low life scum bucket crap.

Let the chips fall.

For the sake of the women I hope it's all fake news, but the stories are not 30-40 yeas old and there seems to be a lot of women telling the same stories and there are a lot of texts, emails and there are some witnesses. If it's true, he needs to pay a big price. If it's not true, whoever is behind the stories needs to pay a big price. As it now looks, Adams is a first class a-hole.

Errr Grunt.

I’m not sure I’d be thankful he was sexting my 14 year old daughter and asking her to touch her nipple, instead of getting further like some of the others...

No... this one has some issues.

Sorry my post sounded like I was sticking up for him

I can assure I'm not

But if we had the ability to delve deep into everyone's private lives and get a glimpse of some actions , well there wouldn't be many left

Burn your led zeppelin CDs

Jerry Lee Lewis

Aerosmith

And God only knows what goes on everywhere all the time

I am a huge fan of this guys music and today I'm just thinking 'what a ******* idiot'

I was a fan.

I can’t listen anymore. I know what I’d be thinking each time I heard the voice.

I guess there is a line. Sexual preference, politics, awkward, tortured soul...really all of that... I couldn’t care less. Pedophile using his control... over the line.

I’d like to see him show his Instagram selfie 44 year old guy photos sticking out his tongue in the prison yard.

I have 3 daughters and a son of my own. I worry about all of them because of our crazy culture. Morals have been trampled in the name of relativism and self gratification at no cost. There is no regard for consequences for actions, especially for those in the lime light (actors, musicians, pro athletes, and politicians). The difference with Ryan Adams (and numerous others like him) is that it wasn't an accidental one time thing based upon speculation or hearsay. He clearly knew about the underage issue and pursued anyway. There are texts to back it up.

I do not give any more of my hard earned money to any of these individuals that are found out to be scum. I have given up some great bands/artists after discovering issues like this. I didn't listen to a particular band for 15 years because of this very sort of thing. I've pondered and tried to reconcile this, and have come to realize the art is separate from the individual. I can appreciate a beautiful song (I own) or painting and see it for what it is, while at the same time not respecting the individual who made it. However, I will avoid Ryan Adams and his work for a good while until I can reconcile within myself to start listening to the cd's of his I own again.

You can call me old fashioned, but I don't think you can argue that our society is failing our children. Parents (the majority) are failing at teaching kids to be gentlemen and ladies. Society is not going to do this for us. Education, morals, respect for their elders (and peers) are all suffering, and on, and on. Look at the trash in TV/movies/music/sports these days. Look at the continuing failing education markers. Our country is continually falling in all education aspects at the world level. Why should kids work hard at anything other trying to be a celebrity or professional video gamer? Why should kids try to live wholesome, respectful, accountable lives when all these celebrities don't and never have to pay any consequences? Why aren't parents and teachers being realistic with kids and telling them the probability of becoming a "successful" celebrity are slim to none? Why aren't we redefining "success"?

Too much PC bs out there IMO. Everyone is too afraid to speak the truth and call a spade a spade. Unfortunately, the left uses that to brand those that do sexist/racist/bigots/homophobic/etc. in order to silence them.

I have 3 daughters and a son of my own. I worry about all of them because of our crazy culture. Morals have been trampled in the name of relativism and self gratification at no cost. There is no regard for consequences for actions, especially for those in the lime light (actors, musicians, pro athletes, and politicians). The difference with Ryan Adams (and numerous others like him) is that it wasn't an accidental one time thing based upon speculation or hearsay. He clearly knew about the underage issue and pursued anyway. There are texts to back it up.

I do not give any more of my hard earned money to any of these individuals that are found out to be scum. I have given up some great bands/artists after discovering issues like this. I didn't listen to a particular band for 15 years because of this very sort of thing. I've pondered and tried to reconcile this, and have come to realize the art is separate from the individual. I can appreciate a beautiful song (I own) or painting and see it for what it is, while at the same time not respecting the individual who made it. However, I will avoid Ryan Adams and his work for a good while until I can reconcile within myself to start listening to the cd's of his I own again.

You can call me old fashioned, but I don't think you can argue that our society is failing our children. Parents (the majority) are failing at teaching kids to be gentlemen and ladies. Society is not going to do this for us. Education, morals, respect for their elders (and peers) are all suffering, and on, and on. Look at the trash in TV/movies/music/sports these days. Look at the continuing failing education markers. Our country is continually falling in all education aspects at the world level. Why should kids work hard at anything other trying to be a celebrity or professional video gamer? Why should kids try to live wholesome, respectful, accountable lives when all these celebrities don't and never have to pay any consequences? Why aren't parents and teachers being realistic with kids and telling them the probability of becoming a "successful" celebrity are slim to none? Why aren't we redefining "success"?

Too much PC bs out there IMO. Everyone is too afraid to speak the truth and call a spade a spade. Unfortunately, the left uses that to brand those that do sexist/racist/bigots/homophobic/etc. in order to silence them.

so all the left are bad and the right is right? *** backwards bud...

So I'm guessing you don't listen to much music then. The Beatles were all not great people. I believe all The Beatles have fessed up to hitting their girlfriend or wives. Most if not all of them cheated on their girlfriends or wives. So I am guessing you don't listen to them anymore. Yet IMOH and many others made some if the best music ever, and the list goes on.

You clearly didn't read my post, as I spoke about how I've reconciled with art versus the artist. However, just like with a breakup, if someone hurts you, you tend to avoid them until the hurt subsides and you are able to forgive.

Why should kids try to live wholesome, respectful, accountable lives when all these celebrities don't and never have to pay any consequences? ... Why aren't we redefining "success"?

Not condemning anything you are saying, but we all get what's coming to us in the end. We may not see it, but everything catches up with us. Who am I to pass judgement on someone else when I should be taking care of myself and influencing others around me to do better? We all know the world is not a perfect place, but we need to do the best we can with the little time we have as eventually, we will all perish. There will never be a world without problems or a struggle. Some issues we may be able to influence, but there will never be an absence of a crisis. Life's a B#### unfortunately, and we are all in it if we're lucky. I can list many, many things that 's "wrong" today, and some will agree, some disagree, but I have to believe in myself what's right and let my actions define who I am. Yeah, that's some sick S### in that NY Times article, but he's not the only person to do this... I just don't get into the whole public rock throwing business today (even though I really want to say some things, but I refrain here), because as we know - thanks interwebs - we all have an opinion and use this for what it is. If the guy - or anyone else who behaves as such - did this, then one can only hope that justice will be served. No guarantees, hence the life's a B#### thing coming out here. I feel ya on a lot of what you said, but we just happen to agree on some things. I just don't see Gibson Guitar Board posts fixing the world's problems or even a good platform to trigger any sort of reform.

Not condemning anything you are saying, but we all get what's coming to us in the end. We may not see it, but everything catches up with us. Who am I to pass judgement on someone else when I should be taking care of myself and influencing others around me to do better? We all know the world is not a perfect place, but we need to do the best we can with the little time we have as eventually, we will all perish. There will never be a world without problems or a struggle. Some issues we may be able to influence, but there will never be an absence of a crisis. Life's a B#### unfortunately, and we are all in it if we're lucky. I can list many, many things that 's "wrong" today, and some will agree, some disagree, but I have to believe in myself what's right and let my actions define who I am. Yeah, that's some sick S### in that NY Times article, but he's not the only person to do this... I just don't get into the whole public rock throwing business today (even though I really want to say some things, but I refrain here), because as we know - thanks interwebs - we all have an opinion and use this for what it is. If the guy - or anyone else who behaves as such - did this, then one can only hope that justice will be served. No guarantees, hence the life's a B#### thing coming out here. I feel ya on a lot of what you said, but we just happen to agree on some things. I just don't see Gibson Guitar Board posts fixing the world's problems or even a good platform to trigger any sort of reform.

I agree with you. I wasn't trying to solve any problems, just venting. If I had the answers, I'd be a rich man. Everything stated was my *opinion*, folks, and we all know the old adage that "opinions are like ***holes. Everybody has one and they all stink."

I agree with you. I wasn't trying to solve any problems, just venting. If I had the answers, I'd be a rich man. Everything stated was my *opinion*, folks, and we all know the old adage that "opinions are like ***holes. Everybody has one and they all stink."

There's 3 things in life... There's things in our control, things we may be able to influence, and things out of our control. Smart people can tell the difference what is worthwhile and futile. You only have so much life force in yourself, so use it wisely... I believe we all have goodness in ourselves, and we need to spend more time spreading the goodness instead of the conflicted. Again, 3 things encompass all things in life that we all live together in.

There's 3 things in life... There's things in our control, things we may be able to influence, and things out of our control. Smart people can tell the difference what is worthwhile and futile. You only have so much life force in yourself, so use it wisely... I believe we all have goodness in ourselves, and we need to spend more time spreading the goodness instead of the conflicted. Again, 3 things encompass all things in life that we all live together in.

I agree with you about the three things. There are some great Venn diagrams in 7 Habits of Highly Successful People that illustrate your point. However, just because it is out of my control doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't ponder the dilemma and try to reconcile possible causes or solutions. Philosophy and logic are amazing tools.

A few thoughts.

Firstly, while his music was great, he often came across as a doosh bag in interviews and his way of holding himself. Bit of a diick really.

Secondly, read his lyrics, espeically the last album Prisoner, its all about his breakup with his wife, and he comes across as a needy,insecure little boy who lost his mummy. I dont think he much of an idea how to deal with women.

However, to his defence it is the New York Times, one of the pillars of feminism and when you read the article the apparent crime was 'manipulative behaviour' - hardly criminal. The feminist publications made a name of themselves from presenting 'accused' as assume guilty unless proven otherwise.

This seems to me more of a character assasitnation than anything else, which makes me wonder who did Ryan Adams pisss of at the NYT ?

Archived