Gibson Brands Forums

Epi User in Brazil

Sebastian S

Hi everybody,

here I am, Epiphone ES-339 PRO Natural owner since Oct' 2018. Ten years ago, I emigrated from Europe to South America with only one of my guitars in the luggage. Unfortunatly I chose the one I never really liked, so I gave it away to my sister in law. No matter if I didn't play it for some time before, the next day I already regreted to be without any guitar for the first time since 1989.

Well, but music gear is expensive here in Brazil, so I spend months on Youtube and on Websites to find the one affordable guitar which I would like to play most. In October then I went to Music Store in Cologne, played on several guitars and went out of the store with the mentioned ES-339. Back in Brazil in January I added a Marshall Code 25 to my rig. That's it ... finally playing again.

Welcome, Sebastian

Great rig you have there, sir.

Glad to have you aboard.

Post photos when you can, we'd love to see that 339.

:)

Thank you for the welcome. Sure, will let you see the sweetheart my wife needs to share me with..

post-98595-019174800 1550164387_thumb.jpg

post-98595-081078700 1550164503_thumb.jpg

Thank you all.

For my budget I think I made a good choice. For those of you who don't know it: The Epiphone ES-339 PRO looks like a hot washed ES-335. It does not fit into the Les Paul Case, but has more or less it's body size. I chose it because after playing a really heavy Les Paul Copy in the past, and I didn't get younger, I wished to have something not so heavy. It further let me split coils, so it's pretty versatile. And since I anyway ever wanted to have a Alvin Lee, BB King style instrument ... voila!

About the amp, out there on the internet, some people mentioned that a model amp should not at least deserve the Marshall label, but honestly for my use case it works pretty fine. Our condo has paper thin walls and because I don't want to stress my neighbours, I almost always only practice with headphones. I had not been playing for some years before, so gigging with it, is not what I expect to do very soon. I connected it to my computer via USB what gives me 2 very nice features. Firstable I can play along with Youtube videos via the same headphones and second I can instantly check out presets from websites to try them out. Very comfortable!! If I would want to, I could adjust preset parameters directly on a smartphone, but with countless existing presets on stock and internet I prefer to spend my time on practising instead of finding my signature tone right now.

Everybody have a nice weekend

Archived