Gibson Brands Forums

Buzzing on 2014 Firebird Solved

SteveFord

My Firebird has been buzzing away and it's recently gotten quite a bit worse.

It took a while for it to dawn on me but the grub screws which hold on the T-handle on the Steinberger tuners had loosened up.

I dug through ALL of my Allens and finally found the right size. I'm not sure if it's Standard or Metric but if yours is buzzing I'd check to see if those handles are floppy.

My Firebird has been buzzing away and it's recently gotten quite a bit worse.

It took a while for it to dawn on me but the grub screws which hold on the T-handle on the Steinberger tuners had loosened up.

I dug through ALL of my Allens and finally found the right size. I'm not sure if it's Standard or Metric but if yours is buzzing I'd check to see if those handles are floppy.

Steve,

Can you post a photo of exactly what you are talking about sir?

Because I just can't picture it.

:(

9GnHy1z.jpg

The T-handle up at the top is what you turn to clamp the string into place and the handle section is secured with a small grub screw.

The grub screw in the handle is what had loosened up on a bunch of them.

The knurled knob on the bottom is what you use to do the actual tuning.

A really clever design if a bit industrial looking.

9GnHy1z.jpg

The T-handle up at the top is what you turn to clamp the string into place and the handle section is secured with a small grub screw.

The grub screw in the handle is what had loosened up on a bunch of them.

The knurled knob on the bottom is what you use to do the actual tuning.

A really clever design if a bit industrial looking.

Thanks for the detailed heads up. I have the same with my 2015. I've heard about them loosening up, and even loosing a washer? Not sure if that is the same piece loosing up, but regardless it indicates an occasional check-over is warranted.Now I know specifically what to check.Thanks again!

Archived