Gibson Brands Forums

The Tribute Club

arcticsg

I've been thinking about getting a 2018 tribute in gold top, i havent seen them in person, is the gold finish someone satin finish? or is it glossy? its my impression from different pictures i've seen that its somewhat satin,right? what pick ups did it came with? i cant find the info now that Gibson took down the previous models information :(

I've been thinking about getting a 2018 tribute in gold top, i havent seen them in person, is the gold finish someone satin finish? or is it glossy? its my impression from different pictures i've seen that its somewhat satin,right? what pick ups did it came with? i cant find the info now that Gibson took down the previous models information :(

Yes they are satin.. But not the gold paint that's the same as they use on all GTs, its the nitro on top.. One of the reasons they are cheaper is because they have a very thin nitro finish.. It takes any more layers and man hours to get them shiny.

HOWEVER, I have seen people polish those finishes up and you can get them quite nice.

As demonstrated in this vid

Yes they are satin.. But not the gold paint that's the same as they use on all GTs, its the nitro on top.. One of the reasons they are cheaper is because they have a very thin nitro finish.. It takes any more layers and man hours to get them shiny.

HOWEVER, I have seen people polish those finishes up and you can get them quite nice.

As demonstrated in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nso82dUculc

wow, quite a difference with the virtuoso! i will try to get a hold of one then! hehe

1550684330[/url]' post='1978663']

Mine came with the 490R/498T pickups. And yes it is Satin Gold :)

Heres some info for you: 2018 Gibson Les Paul Tribute

1551298616[/url]' post='1980142']

thanks! someone is selling one but the honeyburst for $800 in excellent conditions, but i want the gold top :( ahaha

Haha... I understand.

I had the choice of either and went with the gold top.

$800 is not a bad price, but there will be gold ones out there. ;)

1550816022[/url]' post='1979003']

Tou will have a beautiful gloss finish with Meguiar' s Scratch X

les_pa33.jpg

Interesting, I'll have to give that a try sometime.

Have been using another Meguiar's product with great results. This compound and polish, plus a lot of elbow grease will do amazing things. ;)

meguiars.jpg

Archived