Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie with an SG Bass

Dsharp

Well, just new to the forum, not to guitars.

I just bought a 2012 Gibson SG Bass to live next to my Gibson LP Studio and replace my Fender Jazz Bass. The short scale bass is easier on my aging hands and is sooo smooth!

Located in Israel

Welcome aboard. Nice choice in a bass. There are several SG bass players here. So you should feel,right at home. Plan on receiving requests for pics. [thumbup]

Thanks. It's good to know there are others. I'll probably be asking for advice soon.

Pic attached.

post-98721-065320000 1550659483_thumb.jpg

Thanks. It's good to know there are others. I'll probably be asking for advice soon.

Pic attached.

Very nice. I have an SG guitar in Heritage Cherry with P-90s and the small pickguard. To me it's the perfect color for an SG body style. I also have an SG Supreme in Translucent Black which isn't too shabby. [biggrin]

I hope to own an SG style short-scale bass eventually. I have two long-scale 4 string basses and a multi-scale, fanned fret 6 string bass, so a short-scale bass seems like a logical addition.

Heh, welcome to the forum Dsharp. msp_thumbup.gif My wife and I almost made it to visit Israel with our church group 4 years back but just before the trip was planned to leave our grandson was born and the wife wanted to cancel out to see him. Now we have 2, a boy and his sister and we both babysit every day. Anyway, that is a very nice Bass. Love the red too. Wish I could play bass and I know I could learn but I play 6 and 12 string.

Archived