Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson acoustic bass guitar

tpbiii

My wife is a pretty well equipped bass player. She has 20 -- eight bass fiddles, a couple of acoustic bass guitars (Guild and Rhyne), three tiny rubber string things, .... We use them all -- the big basses for bluegrass and bands, the tiny basses for travel, the big bodied acoustic bass guitars for folk duets on old small-bodied vintage guitars, etc. But she has one -- which she loves but never uses -- that Gibson built about 25 years ago. It was right after Gibson bought Dobro -- it was a new product, and we bought the demo model at Merlefest.

So here it is. Ever seen one? We still imagine we will find a use. Maybe we will do a recording.

ylViQDb.jpg

vYQABII.jpg

Let's pick,

-Tom

Noupe, never - what a rather odd creature, but why not.

Say helo to your wife. Seen her many times in your videos.

Guess it's fair to claim she incarnates the complete antidote to the 'don't-tell-the-wife-'bout-the-new-guitar / my-wife-won't-allow-me-any-more-guitars' myth.

How cool (and important) is that.

Groove on lightly ^

Noupe, never - what a rather odd creature, but why not.

Say helo to your wife. Seen her many times in your videos.

Guess it's fair to claim she incarnates the complete antidote to the 'don't-tell-the-wife-'bout-the-new-guitar / my-wife-won't-allow-me-any-more-guitars' myth.

How cool (and important) is that.

Groove on lightly ^

We have been at it 50 years -- so far so good.msp_biggrin.gif

BEST,

-TOM

My wife is a pretty well equipped bass player. She has 20 -- eight bass fiddles, a couple of acoustic bass guitars (Guild and Rhyne), three tiny rubber string things, .... We use them all -- the big basses for bluegrass and bands, the tiny basses for travel, the big bodied acoustic bass guitars for folk duets on old small-bodied vintage guitars, etc. But she has one -- which she loves but never uses -- that Gibson built about 25 years ago. It was right after Gibson bought Dobro -- it was a new product, and we bought the demo model at Merlefest.

So here it is. Ever seen one? We still imagine we will find a use. Maybe we will do a recording.

ylViQDb.jpg

vYQABII.jpg

Let's pick,

-Tom

I believe I've seen Joel Landsberg, the bass player with the Krueger Brothers, play one of these.

Archived