Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Masterbilt Deluxe restringing/replacement bridge pins

stuporman

Hi, I recently got what I think is an Epiphone Masterbilt deluxe electric-acoustic from a family member. I'm trying to repair/restring it, and it seems the D and G pins are missing as the end of the string won't stay and I can't see them from the side. Regular pins don't seem to fit this bridge either. I looked online for special pins or instructions on how to restring with this type of floating bridge and couldn't find much.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to restring this guitar, and what types of pins might fit it? Thanks!

post-98785-092785300 1550797234_thumb.jpg

There shouldn't be any pins holding strings in on your guitar, but rather a 'ball end' on each (light electric) string hooking into your metal 'trapeze' tailpiece. You'll also need to adjust the placement of your floating bridge for correct intonation. Note how the bridge in his video is only slightly angled across the top, unlike the sharp angle on yours. Once you have it all strung up you'd be wise to take it to a shop for correct placement and set up. Better yet, bring it to a shop for new string install and setup, and ask if they would let you watch how it's done. Hope this youtube vid helps...

Archived