Gibson Brands Forums

SG HP hard cases

Dadgad1046

Assuming you are referring to the aluminum case, I think they are excellent. Almost bullet proof, IMO. It is very solid and well-built with a piano hinge, excellent latches, rubber gasket to help seal it and protect your guitar from moisture, a cool mahogany handle and it's nice inside. If I were picky, I could say that it's a bit heavy and the brushed aluminum scratches easily. But, I think it's a great case.

• Upvote 1

I was actually referring to the newer version that looks like a molded composite with a Carbon Fiber appearance. I think they started in 2018. Some of the Strip and Flip dealers have them. I have not seen them for sale as a stand alone product anywhere.They seem to only come with the HP series. I have attached a photo of one of them.

post-98562-002234200 1551405201_thumb.jpg

I have all the others, but not that one. :(

If Gibson would put out their new SG HP's with a Rosewood fretboard instead of Richlite, I would have one tomorrow!

I'm wondering if the HP line will survive the new head guy. I seemed to get the impression he is back to basics for a while until they get in the black. I just bought 2 close out 2018 SG's and the inspection form showed they both were produced late summer 2017 as 2018's. That means they sat unsold on some bodies inventory for a year and a half. How can any company produce and ship to dealers if inventory is sitting dead so long. One was a Cherry Standard and the other was a Bourbon Faded. Pretty standard stuff that should sell.

• 2 weeks later...
1551908990[/url]' post='1981288']

I'm wondering if the HP line will survive the new head guy. I seemed to get the impression he is back to basics for a while until they get in the black. I just bought 2 close out 2018 SG's and the inspection form showed they both were produced late summer 2017 as 2018's. That means they sat unsold on some bodies inventory for a year and a half. How can any company produce and ship to dealers if inventory is sitting dead so long. One was a Cherry Standard and the other was a Bourbon Faded. Pretty standard stuff that should sell.

Wow, same here. SG Standards were closing out at GC for $1039.97. I received a gorgeous 2018 SG Standard Heritage Cherry with a late summer date of July-August of 2017 inspection card, and a serial of 180007XXX. Was delivered 2/28/2019.

2018sgcherryfrontfullcase1.jpg

• 2 months later...