Gibson Brands Forums

Comsumer Protection

Dadgad1046

Is there or should there be a place on this or another Forum to warn others about Music, Guitar or Gibson products being listed or sold in a fraudulent or misleading manner? For example I bought a Gibson hard case listed as fitting a Les Paul or SG in great condition. As you may guess it fit a Les Paul but not a SG. It also was warped and would not close properly causing the handle side to pull away from the top latched.. I returned it and was given a refund, However the dealer put it right back up showing it fits both a LP and SG and listed it in "Great" condition. I have also seen some items for sale that were a little on the crazy side like a EMPTY Gibson cardboard shipping box for $750.00 plus shipping. Now I hope most us would not want to pay $750.00 for a empty box.. and I hope most people would see that for what it is. Some items are misleading or down right Fraud. On my local Craig's list there was a Gibson Les Paul "Replica" up for trade for a genuine Fender product. The "replica" was a Chinese made "Chibson". I tagged it as in violation of Craigs list guide lines but it just kept coming back.obviously none of us have time to see everything but if we see something shouldn't there be a place to advise others with the same interests?

Archived