Gibson Brands Forums

Hello Everyone

CPWerle

I have owned Gibson guitars for several years now, so Ifigured it was time to join the forum. Iam not a highly accomplished player, perhaps intermediate level, play primarilyrhythm and finger style in a church praise band, but I love beautiful guitars. I currently own a 2006 figured maple J-185EC; a 2010 polished cherry ES-339; and a 2017 heritage cherry Les PaulCustom. Needless to say, they more thansatisfy my ongoing guitar lustJ. I look forward to following and participatingin the various forums.

Welcome, CPW.

You have a lovely guitar collection, surely.

Please feel free to share photos, and stories from the praise band.

Such an interesting avenue for innovative music!

I went to a good friend's church last Sunday (at his invitation) and their band was wonderful.

The lead guitarist had a Suhr strat body, such an elegant sound and look!

:)

Here's a link to my church website and my band, Grace In Harmony. Scroll down to an audio file of one of my original songs we recently recorded. It was very well received by the congregation. We also recently played 2 hours of rock and roll at our local nursing home. The residents loved every minute of it and we had a great time.

the link: https://www.trinitykg.org/grace-in-harmony.html

Welcome, CPW.

You have a lovely guitar collection, surely.

Please feel free to share photos, and stories from the praise band.

Such an interesting avenue for innovative music!

I went to a good friend's church last Sunday (at his invitation) and their band was wonderful.

The lead guitarist had a Suhr strat body, such an elegant sound and look!

:)

Welcome Chris. msp_thumbup.gif Nice to have you here. Nice guitars. I pondered several times if I should join our church band or not. My wife and I joined a new church that our Grandkids go to as she wants to watch them grow up there. I would be the oldest guy, 66, as it's a very young band. I'd probably feel weird. Anyway, congrats on your playing.

You shouldn't worry about age........it's all about being led and wanting to give back to the community. I will be 70 this year, and am the oldest member of our band. The youngest is in his 20's. The congregation (and choir director) really appreciates what we do, and I don't feel weird at all:-). I suggest you go for it!!!

Welcome Chris. msp_thumbup.gif Nice to have you here. Nice guitars. I pondered several times if I should join our church band or not. My wife and I joined a new church that our Grandkids go to as she wants to watch them grow up there. I would be the oldest guy, 66, as it's a very young band. I'd probably feel weird. Anyway, congrats on your playing.

You shouldn't worry about age........it's all about being led and wanting to give back to the community. I will be 70 this year, and am the oldest member of our band. The youngest is in his 20's. The congregation (and choir director) really appreciates what we do, and I don't feel weird at all:-). I suggest you go for it!!

It does look like their having a ball up there. Maybe if one of the guitarists steps down and they need one. I imagine the grandkids would get a kick seeing Grandpa up on stage. LOL msp_flapper.gif

Archived