Gibson Brands Forums

Hope to Show My New Epliphone 335 Tonight

Waco flash

I have already sent this in to the Epliphone website but I wanted to share my expectation was to post a picture of my new black Epliphone 335 tonight. The brand new guitar had a 5-6" small scratch in the middle of the back of the body and some paint splotches near the base of neck on the back of the body as well. Also the lower volume pot was lose as was the volume knob too. I declined the guitar and GC ordered a replacement new 335 for me that should be delivered in about 5 days. Then assuming everything is perfect with that guitar, and I will not accept anything less than perfect, I will post a picture and I do look forward to posting that picture as the guitar was beautiful. I may have been a little picky but gear is only new once and I want to own any scratches on my guitars.

Stay Tuned!

Waco flash, I don't think you're picky... It's a new guitar and I've done the same in the past for probably less reason than what you are returning the guitar for. Best of luck and hopefully you get the guitar that makes you happy with the purchase. Hoping to see some nice pics!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Great news! I got in my second new Epiphone 335 and it was perfect! I played this morning in church and the guitar over delivered in tone and ease of playing. I didn't know for sure what to expect but certainly not what I experienced. WHAT A GUITAR!!!!!!! I am so happy with this guitar that I just can't believe it. All I have to do is get used to a larger guitar body hanging in front of me rather than the strat or tele that is usually there. But that won't take long cause this baby is going to get played a lot. Sorry I don't have a picture to share right now but you all have seen the 335's so it's no surprise to anyone. I have to say Thanks to Guitar Center as they had my new guitar in my hands in less than 5 days from when I returned the first guitar. I am a happy camper now and back in the 335 business! Tone Tone and More Tone!!!!

Archived