Gibson Brands Forums

S1-Pro Issue ?

Murph

I guess there are some S1-Pro's that are draining down, for example if left unplugged for 2 weeks.

I don't think I'll ever figure that out because about a week is all I can stand to let it go. I have the Bose ap on my phone and checking it after about 7 days mine will be down to about 60% so I plug it back in.

I haven't gigged it much, it's still winter in Illinois and I bought it for outdoor/no power stuff, but I think if I just leave it plugged in until I need it all is well.

Just wondered if anybody here has had a problem with theirs.

Not sure about mine. I did have to send it in to repair the power light.. but they did not fix it. The note did say that they applied any firmware or hardware updates.. I had to call them tomorrow to let.them know they did not repair.

Mines been working fine. It sounds like it is like yours though, it doesn't hold a charge for very long. Over a couple of days I haven't noticed issues if I use it for an hour or so, then put it down uncharged etc... still works the next day for as long as I'd expect, but if I put it down for a couple weeks the charge will be gone. Still really liking it.

Well, mine is on a ups truck heading back to their repair depot AGAIN.

I like the S1, but Bose didn't do me right in fixing this the first time. In fact, I'd bet a 20 they didn't do squat.

the Power lamp/led on the front keeps going out, and this is the way it's been since I got it in May I finally started to check on this and figured I'd try to get it fix before the warranty expired,

Perhaps I'm being OCD but a 600 bucks a pop for a speaker the size of a toaster, they need to get this right or replace it. As of right now, color me, not happy with the service end of this company.

Funny thing is, my Fishman artist hasn't had a single issue in like 3 years...

Well, mine is on a ups truck heading back to their repair depot AGAIN.

I like the S1, but Bose didn't do me right in fixing this the first time. In fact, I'd bet a 20 they didn't do squat.

the Power lamp/led on the front keeps going out, and this is the way it's been since I got it in May I finally started to check on this and figured I'd try to get it fix before the warranty expired,

Perhaps I'm being OCD but a 600 bucks a pop for a speaker the size of a toaster, they need to get this right or replace it. As of right now, color me, not happy with the service end of this company.

Funny thing is, my Fishman artist hasn't had a single issue in like 3 years...

I've been fortunate with no issues, so like the gear - but less than stellar customer service bothers me, probably more than the original problem. Good luck to you - hope they belly up to the bar and do you right!

Most of, and I mean 95% or better, the reports I hear is positive about Bose customer service. I'd relax and give them another chance. It's probably one person who misunderstood the problem, or had a bad day, was going through a divorce, had the flu, hungover, bad relationship, broken finger, earache, ingrown toenail, was forced to listen to Green Day, ate something rotten, had heartburn, a ceiling fan making a constant whining sound that won't quit and is driving them crazy, dim lightbulbs, the smell of dog poop somewhere and they just can't find it, Social Media junkie who can't focus, noobie, old man who forgot the problem, where he is and how to get home, you know, stuff like that. They'll probably figure it out this time.

Or they might just look at it and ship it back to you without touching it again.....

Most of, and I mean 95% or better, the reports I hear is positive about Bose customer service. I'd relax and give them another chance. It's probably one person who misunderstood the problem, or had a bad day, was going through a divorce, had the flu, hungover, bad relationship, broken finger, earache, ingrown toenail, was forced to listen to Green Day, ate something rotten, had heartburn, a ceiling fan making a constant whining sound that won't quit and is driving them crazy, dim lightbulbs, the smell of dog poop somewhere and they just can't find it, Social Media junkie who can't focus, noobie, old man who forgot the problem, where he is and how to get home, you know, stuff like that. They'll probably figure it out this time.

Or they might just look at it and ship it back to you without touching it again.....

haha! yea I get it,, sh--t happens.. it'll work out in the long run,, I'm just annoyed at the moment..

Well ?

What's up ?

hey Murph

went back last Monday via UPS Overnight, and I verified it got there Tuesday, I've yet to hear a single word back from them as of today. Could take em a bit longer, if they are actually going to look at what is wrong and "FIX" it this time. We'll see!

----

Edit: Murph, hey, you got some kinda voodoo going on?? I just got an email, like 30 seconds ago, (bout 5 minutes after the reply above) it's en-route back to me...

unknown if it's 2 day air or over night (this RMA they did say they'd expedite the shipping to overnight there and back as it was a repeat repair. But I can't see what the details are, the tracking number wont show anything for at least 12 hours

I'll re-post results..

winnah!

Glad to hear it.

Most of you will remember I bought an S1-Pro AND an L1-Compact with a Yamaha MG10xu mixer the same day.

The L1-Compact is absolutely KILLER with the Yamaha.

However, that darned little S1-Pro still gets the most use around the house. I use it with an SM57 on the guitar/mandolin/resonator and an SM58 for vocals. I'm looking forward to better weather, I bought it right when winter got serious and haven't had it out much. It's one heckuva Bluetooth player as well.

Sweet rig, indeed.

Archived