Gibson Brands Forums

Help with ES-175 serial number

Rick5

Hi,

I recently bought an excellent condition ES-175. I was told it is a 2013, but I just want to confirm that for an insurance policy. The serial number is 13370710. I am a little confused because if I use an online serial number search engine, it says it was made in Nashville in 2010. However, I thought all of the modern ES-175 were made in the custom shop in Memphis?

Thanks!

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently bought an excellent condition ES-175. I was told it is a 2013, but I just want to confirm that for an insurance policy. The serial number is 13370710. I am a little confused because if I use an online serial number search engine, it says it was made in Nashville in 2010. However, I thought all of the modern ES-175 were made in the custom shop in Memphis?

Thanks!

Rick

Hi,

That would be a 2010 style serial number and indeed the ES-175 was a Memphis made model at that time. The online serial# dating sites are not a reliable source of information, btw, so thanks for checking here!

Just for record, the was no "Custom Shop" in Memphis. Gibson created that confusion by calling some earlier year models like your a "Custom Shop Series". Name only.That said, the quality of these recent years Memphis models as whole have been excellent, though. Truly more like custom shop quality!

ES-175s are iconic for good reason. I hope you enjoy yours!

Archived