Gibson Brands Forums

A real LP Custom Shop?

mp00172

Hello and greetings to everyone! I'm a newbie and I need help. Maybe I'm in wrong group or something, so please correct me.

I wonder could this be a real LP Custom shop. Here are some pictures and the description from the owner. If you know anything about it, please tell me. Some parts may be changed, but what I'm interested in is wood only. Please tell me what you think!

Owner's description:

Gibson Les Paul Custom 1973/4

Here's some details about this guitar:

It was originally white, as seen in pictures. Previous owner removed the finish, along with most of serial numbers. At certain angle the ending "09" numbers can be visible.

Guitar construction is typical for those years: 3-piece mahagony neck (after '74 they've been made out of maple, in late 70's they've back to one-piece mahagony), "pancake" body with 3-piece maple top. Ebony fretboard.

I got original '73 pots also, currently installed is new push-pull electronics. Pickups are "The Creamery" PAF/59, beautiful boutique pickups made in England.

Action is low and comfortable. Neck is straight, everything works as it should. OHSC, 4,3kg. Frets are at 95% cca.

Pictures link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/woVX1GLDt5E72tpq8

Archived