Gibson Brands Forums

my intro

unklemars

I have been trying to play guitar 45 years . on and off I bought a 77 les paul standard new it was a second great ax. I have 2018 sg &lp traditional. I mainly play my brothers Yamaha acoustic. he past in 91 so I been using it to learn on keeps me close to him. love that utube. songs I'm working on cross roads , over the hill and far away, oh well, angie, can you hear me knocken,the blues man cheers to all the cool people I play every day

Welcome to the forum unklemars. msp_thumbup.gif You picked a good one, a Standard. Yeah, I started at 13 and played around 17 years and sold everything. Picked it all back up 6 years ago. Wish I never quit but I got into lots of other things. Enjoy playing your Standard. Mine is a Gold Top, love it.

Welcome to the forum unklemars. msp_thumbup.gif You picked a good one, a Standard. Yeah, I started at 13 and played around 17 years and sold everything. Picked it all back up 6 years ago. Wish I never quit but I got into lots of other things. Enjoy playing your Standard. Mine is a Gold Top, love it.

hey whats up .I sold the wine red standard in 1984 .I have 7 guitars now 2 epi SGs 1 being a tony iommi black with red pick guard nice has crosses on fret board miniature flying v and two acoustics yamahas and my 2018 lespaul cherry sunburst and red SG standard. I bought 2015 cherry sun burst had it 3 years discovered the neck was twisted . Gibson being the great company they are took that one back and gave me 2018 les paul I though it was going to be long and draw out process so I bought 2018 SG to keep me company both guitars showed up 1 day a part. gotta love good karma. just saying yes I'm loving life oh I have marshall 40watt combo amp two pig noses miniature amps and a fender can amp from the 1970S.run a 12 volt battery rock on

hey whats up .I sold the wine red standard in 1984 .I have 7 guitars now 2 epi SGs 1 being a tony iommi black with red pick guard nice has crosses on fret board miniature flying v and two acoustics yamahas and my 2018 lespaul cherry sunburst and red SG standard. I bought 2015 cherry sun burst had it 3 years discovered the neck was twisted . Gibson being the great company they are took that one back and gave me 2018 les paul I though it was going to be long and draw out process so I bought 2018 SG to keep me company both guitars showed up 1 day a part. gotta love good karma. just saying yes I'm loving life oh I have marshall 40watt combo amp two pig noses miniature amps and a fender can amp from the 1970S.run a 12 volt battery rock on

Very nice collection, I sold my Mitchell 12 string, it had a warped neck and still under warranty, I replaced it with a Yamaha 12 sting. I like the tone much better. I've never had a SG but you will find a lot of SG owners here.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got 500 k pots for my sg bumble bee capacitors . going to wire it up early 60 . I don't like the mother board in my 2018 sg .also got early toggle switch amber. I know I know I'm spoiled. well nobody loves me like me. hey not like that. yes I keep all parts with the guitar. just having fun. peace out. guitar players rock. goodbye cool people. I still play every day. will update on out come soon. still working on marking on the ax. unklemars

trying to add pics but can' seem to get it. my sg is wired with the bumble bees. It rocks. been playing enter sandman. cool song .still working on cross roads first lead. with shut up and play guy utube. he is great next is crazy train. I try to learn one hard song as I learn the easier ones. trying to learn all the songs I though I knew how to play. going to try again with the pics

well I tried I got 1pic on there the sg I wanted to show my handy wiring job but just can't make it happen. will try later thanks one and all. that is my sg with the guitar stand marks. ugh. but that guitar rocks with 500 k pots bumble bee caps. if you solder always tin first. makes life easy. hey I resemble that comment. peace out play your dam guitar I do every day. Gibson guitars rock I love them

Ahh, very nice SG. Thats worth playing every day. Rock on!!msp_thumbup.gif Thanks for sharing, and another thing, I'm told you don't practice until you get it right; You practice until you can't get it wrong. Even if it takes a thousand times.

I like that I have to use that. That is great. I just learned sweet emotion. rhythm . want to learn some skynyrd Tuesday gone, ,momma told me, 38 special peace out and I will practice till I can't get it wrong! god I love that. thank you This old man loves that. have fun my new friend. unklemars

• Upvote 1