Gibson Brands Forums

Finally Back At It

MPS

Hello to all. After about 35 years, I'm finally getting back into guitars. So, I guess it's like starting all over again but with a little bit of foggy knowledge. So, just to get started again I bought a new Epi ES-335 Pro in vintage sunburst along with a Mustang II amp. I think I'll leave the amp off for awhile until my fingers get broke in again! I hope to learn a lot here and can't wait to get back to my old level of play, which wasn't much. See you all around the forums.

Hello to all. After about 35 years, I'm finally getting back into guitars. So, I guess it's like starting all over again but with a little bit of foggy knowledge. So, just to get started again I bought a new Epi ES-335 Pro in vintage sunburst along with a Mustang II amp. I think I'll leave the amp off for awhile until my fingers get broke in again! I hope to learn a lot here and can't wait to get back to my old level of play, which wasn't much. See you all around the forums.

welcome back .check out utube for lessons. good luck unklemars playing every day out of tune of course.

Welcome MPS to the forum. msp_thumbup.gif Sounds like a familiar story. You shouldn't take that long getting back into it. Likewise, I started off at 13 & quit around 26 after I married and sold everything except a couple of guitars and they went after I was 28. Picked it up again at 60 which I forgot it all. Picking around, a lot came back plus I joined Guitar Tricks and that helped immensely. I'm still a member but only because they have so many hundreds of songs to learn from any way you want. Classic, blues, rock n roll, country, surf, they have lots of teachers taking you step by step or they can give you lessons individually. Its free the first month so if you don't care for it you quit. Practice a ton is the key to getting back at it. Good luck and have fun.

Archived