Gibson Brands Forums

Mark 35-12

David Brenchley

Congratulations (or condolences) on reaching that point in your life. I had always heard those guitars referred to as the Mk-whatever, and didn't know it was the Mark series, thanks for learning me up on that. So I thought there was going to be a reading from the book of Mark in your thread.

Good luck with the sale

Congratulations (or condolences) on reaching that point in your life. I had always heard those guitars referred to as the Mk-whatever, and didn't know it was the Mark series, thanks for learning me up on that. So I thought there was going to be a reading from the book of Mark in your thread.

Good luck with the sale

;-)

Was this for sale on Reverb?

I placed a post on Reverb after posting this. I did note the one there and reached out to the seller. He stated he got his asking price. It went to a museum. As to it being truth ??? Personally, what he had was not a Mark .. wrong headstock, but I could see where Richard might have placed the Kasha design top on another body/neck for experimental reasons.

I placed a post on Reverb after posting this. I did note the one there and reached out to the seller. He stated he got his asking price. It went to a museum. As to it being truth ??? Personally, what he had was not a Mark .. wrong headstock, but I could see where Richard might have placed the Kasha design top on another body/neck for experimental reasons.

The late 1960s build date also did not work. But you would think that Gibson would want one for their museum.

The late 1960s build date also did not work. But you would think that Gibson would want one for their museum.

When I talked to Carter many, many years ago, the Marks were still the bastard children. With many of the documents lost in the Kalamazoo / Nashville transition it's history is hard to paint. Richard was quite puzzled as to how I came to own it as they never retailed. Unfortunately Richard's no longer with us, Abe's recollection is scant. Most info is hearsay and what Richard told me has been questioned. I'm told he was a bit of a personal salesman. He did state red bindings was his "trademark".

Archived