Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 335 Help

rafalbar

Hi ... I want to buy a second-hand Gibson 335. I have been looking for information about the different models and years of production for a few weeks. The problem where I live is that I do not have stores where I can try them. I would like that I would have good type T.Top or Tim Shaw pills ... I have some paul with 57 classics and I like them but I prefer the previous ones. What model or year should I look to get the purchase right? Thanks for your advice and excuse my English

Hi,

You English is good. Where are you?

Have you ever played a 335? (because not all guitar types suit everyone). If not it would be a good idea to do so. I understand you don't have a nearby shop. But it would even be worth a trip by road, rail or air to do this. You could even make a short holiday out of it?

If you have played a 335 , then research the specs a little more so you get the features, pickups and finish you like.

I'm sure others will chime in with useful suggestions. But its your money, so its your own research that really counts.

BTW You may want to ask this in the Gibson ES area, because that's where the 335 players will usually be. This area is mainly solidbody topics.

thank you very much for your advice .... I have quite a few solid guitars ... but I am at a time in my life that I feel like a semi hollow ... I tried a 335 without plugging in recently and I liked it ... I could not stop touching it, and a falcon Gretsch that happened to me the same ... it sounded very fat and clear. I do not know if buying a current 335 or one of the 80 '

Archived