Gibson Brands Forums

Has anybody tried out the Epiphone DC Pro yet?

iankinzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the only one that I've been able to get my hands on was not in the best shape.

It was hanging on the wall at GC, and I was told that it was just unpacked. The lack of a decent set up was probably the reason for how it played.

It was really difficult to get a feel for what the guitar would play like in that shape. It did appear to need considerable nut work for starters, and that always annoys me, being that our local GC is not big on free set ups.

It turned out that the guitar was a return item from an internet sale, so whether they will ever get one in as stock is hard to say. I'm keeping my eyes out for one though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have played a few in the shop. My disappointment (a deal breaker for me) was the poor upper fret access. [unsure] Very deceiving for a double cut. I liked everything else about them including the price and build quality. Definitely try before you buy unless upper fret access (past the 14th fret) is a non-issue for you.

Edited by bobalu
  • Upvote 1

I have played a few in the shop. My disappointment (a deal breaker for me) was the poor upper fret access. [unsure] Very deceiving for a double cut. I liked everything else about them including the price and build quality. Definitely try before you buy unless upper fret access (past the 14th fret) is a non-issue for you.

Yeah, one thing I notice on the body is that the treble-side cutaway looks awfully tight. I wish that the horn would flatten out more, like on the '66 Wilshire.

• 4 years later...

I have one and i can honestly say i don't have any [problem on the upper frets. Absolutely love my DC Pro. My LP is collecting dust since i got this guitar. It is sych a nice guitar and really easy to play and sounds fantastic. Just my humble opinion.