Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for a new ax

jt3325

Hey all I was wondering if there were any users that own a Epi Les Paul Plus to Pro and what your thoughts were on it. I was looking at one in either Mojave Fade or Trans Blue The Honey Burst is pretty as well. Any info about quality / playability and tone would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance

I am the proud owner of a trans blue plus top pro and I Love It! For the price, you can't go wrong with one. Also, despite protestations to the contrary, it's a better guitar than a lot of new Gibsons that I've played. I've played professionally for most of my life so I think my opinion has some validity. I would say that the only down side of this guitar is the toggle switch and the push-pull pots which have a tendency fail intermittently but, can be remedied with a spritz of De Oxit. Of course these components can also be replaced, if you so desire. Anyway, that's my take. Good Luck and Good Playing! Also, welcome to the forum!

• 2 months later...

I have a 2004 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top in Honeyburst. Very nice guitar. Switched out the Grovers for Gibson Deluxe. Replaced the plastic nut with bone. I also have an ax out in the garage that I bought to chop down some hedges in front of my house years ago. Only used it a couple of times since.