Gibson Brands Forums

Cracking/Checking - Or Worse? LP Custom Actic White

johnny905

I've been scouring the intraweb, talking with friends, and I can't figure out if the cracks in this guitar are serious, or if really just it's another, "hey that's normal for a Gibson, chill out" situation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

post-100044-009614200 1554517958_thumb.jpg

post-100044-095139200 1554517983_thumb.jpg

Looks like the seam where the rosewood ends and the underlying wood for the neck begins. I've seen this before, as I recall in those cases, it was cosmetic.

However, nothing wrong with working with customer support/service to find out, and you would need to make some phone calls.... They don't usually dwell here much these days.

how long has this been going on? have you just noticed?

I believe that is someone trying to play a whammy neck technique. You know pushing forward the neck on a guitar without a trem. I would stay clear if your thinking of buying it

I didn't think of that, but that makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Looks like the seam where the rosewood ends and the underlying wood for the neck begins. I've seen this before, as I recall in those cases, it was cosmetic.

However, nothing wrong with working with customer support/service to find out, and you would need to make some phone calls.... They don't usually dwell here much these days.

how long has this been going on? have you just noticed?

It is on a guitar I was thinking about buying online. The rest of the guitar looks great, but for that kind of money, without actually playing it, maybe too much of a risk to take. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep looking for my dream guitar...

It is on a guitar I was thinking about buying online. The rest of the guitar looks great, but for that kind of money, without actually playing it, maybe too much of a risk to take. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep looking for my dream guitar...

a wise path grasshopper..

How much is it selling for? please provide a link to the site its being sold on. I have a fantastic local luthier here that could put a real good fixing on it........would depend on the selling price of the guitar. a LP Custom for a few hundred, a couple hundred on repairs could end up being a KICK *** AXE. it being a 2006 there is no Historical value, however could end up being THAT ONE GUITAR......just my thought process!

sometime with great risk comes great reward!

Archived