Gibson Brands Forums

Tremolo for Emperor TH

Ben Pupeza

I want to put a tremolo on my Epiphone Emperor Thinline.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

My first thought would be a Bigsby but I dont know how to determine which model and they are unresponsive when I email them.

I would prefer to not make any new holes in the guitar but I am not completely against it. Its pretty road warn and has some extra holes in it already.

The Emperor Thinline has a bridge mounted directly to the top, rather than on a wooden base as the full depth one has.

Therefore you need a Bigsby B-7, B-70 or B-700 with the tension bar. This model was specifically designed for thinline electrics with a bridge mounted to the top. The other models with no tension bar will not have sufficient break angle.

Here's a pic of the style you need:

%2524%2528KGrHqZHJCQE8fMTSLgdBPMG7yK9ig~~60_57__60664.1494344539.1024.768.jpg?c=2

Ben Parabar definitely has it down for Thinline archtops.. The B70 is standard on the WildKat. below, its important to note the position of the peg hole on the mounting hinge that it is as close to center as possible on the edge of your Thinline.. Which ever Bigsby model you get, it will take at least 2 screws in the top and 2 in the hinge..

Usually the easiest place to find Bigsby models is an online guitar store.. But if you know what you are looking for good deals can be found on ebay..

0c382314491bde523b575a8e6b146689.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

The Emperor Thinline has a bridge mounted directly to the top, rather than on a wooden base as the full depth one has.

Therefore you need a Bigsby B-7, B-70 or B-700 with the tension bar. This model was specifically designed for thinline electrics with a bridge mounted to the top. The other models with no tension bar will not have sufficient break angle.

Here's a pic of the style you need:

%2524%2528KGrHqZHJCQE8fMTSLgdBPMG7yK9ig~~60_57__60664.1494344539.1024.768.jpg?c=2

Thanks very much for your reply. I accidentally thanked another member for your advice and some useful knowledge of his own so I wont repeat it. Im new to using the app.

I’ve only been playing for a little over a year so its nice to have you folks looking out for a newbie such as myself.