Gibson Brands Forums

Another newbie

Maximo

Hello everyone, new guy in the forum. My playing has suffered a couple tragedies over the many years.

From getting the hands slammed under the deck lid at the trunk of a car, second degree burns on a grill,

bike accidents, and my latest almost cut off the index and middle fingers at the center joints. Fingers hurt and having troubles bending them.

So another year of exercise, soaking, and therapy. Plus practice as often as time allows.

Selection of stings, 12 guitars, combination of acoustics, electric-acoustics, acoustic electric bass, mandolins, violins, a viola, 2 cello, and few electric guitars.

Latest addition was 4 days ago, a 1988 Epiphone / Gibson S-900, $30.00 but it needs some repair.

Anyways hello everyone, my oldest Gibson is a turn of the century pre-incorporated Mandolin before it all came together.

Date inscribed and signed, severe water damage, if there were decals they are long gone. It has been repaired a couple times, but needs a good overhaul.

This will probably take me nearly six months to restore so it will actually be abled to tune and play. For now its a wall hanger.

Mo

Howdy! Welcome aboard! :)

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accidents. Hopefully things will be better here on out!

And oh, nice collections of instruments you have there. Just so you know, we like pics around here. ;)

violinangle-2.jpg

violinback-2.jpg

....Fingers hurt and having troubles bending them....

Hey Max, welcome to the boards. I've got a similar problem. Broke my index and middle finger on my fretting hand many years ago. They just don't bend as well as they used to. So I've had to modify how I make some chords (F being one of them), and I just can't wrap the thumb around on a D7, which is a big loss! But hey, I play what I can and don't play what I can't! And still digging it.